𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

•Maya's POV•

Another three weeks have past and it's been 1 and a half months of our marriage. After that night things between us changed a bit. And if your thinking good things, you wrong. Everything is worse then before. Now I see him once a week and that only for a few minutes. Everything between us was starting to get better, well I thought so. But no, everything got worse. I don't know what happened but the night after that night he told me to not wait for him because his day turns bad after looking at me. It was very painful. But I can't express it.

So most of my time goes by with Mary aunty, reading, or at the park and temple. After that day I have started going to the park and temple more often. But I always come home on time, not wanting to stress everyone again. In this 1 and a half month we visited mumma and papa too because they told us too come meet them. It felt very refreshing after meeting them. I still miss them a lot. And my actual parents haven't tried to contact me ever since the reception. I can't except much but hoped for them to at least talk to me lovingly once.

•   •   •   •   •

Penthouse: Library

I was reading in the house library when Mary aunty came and knocked on the door. "Maya beta, Adi baba called and told me to tell you that you need to go to his office right now because he needs to discuss something with you." Mary aunty said. What does he need to discuss? And why at his office? "And also he told me to tell you that you need too bring your diplomas and all with you." she added further. Why does he now need my diplomas? "Ok. I'll go get ready." I said. "Ok beta, the driver is waiting to take you to the office." she said leaving.

•   •   •   •   •

Penthouse: Maya's Bedroom

I was excited and nervous for two different reasons. I was excited because I would get to see him after a long time but nervous because I didn't know what he wanted to discuss.

I was in a dilemma on what to wear. I usually don't care on how I look but I was going to his office and seeing him so I needed to look presentable. White anarkali or purple churidar? Hmm.... White anarkali wins!

I quickly changed into it and fixed my hair, leaving it open. And done. Getting ready is so easy. I don't know why girls need so much makeup.

•   •   •   •   •

Car

I was in the car and driver kaka was driving me to his office. Thankfully driver kaka's daughter is all fine and healthy now.

I was still wondering what he wants to talk about and why he told me to bring my diplomas, while looking outside. I didn't forget to bring my diplomas because that was another thing roaming around my mind. I remembered to bring them from Singhania Mansion and to his office now.

The car halted at this gigantic building and driver kaka said "We have arrived betiya." I got out of the car with my diplomas and my eyeballs widened at seeing this huge building. At the top it said 'Malhotra Industries'. So this is all of papa and Adi's hard work. Including the workers here. I am shocked, I have never seen anything like this before.

I heard a car honking behind me so I rushed inside.

•   •   •   •   •