𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝗌𝗂𝗑

•Maya's POV•

Airport

It was finally the day we would go on "vacation". I still don't know where we are going and don't want to ask either. We had reached the airport and were going towards the plane. I haven't been on a plane before or ever came to an airport. This airport was huge. I can't even describe how big it is. Adi over here was acting like it was his nth time at a airport. Well it probably is. He has reasons and money to go while I never did. Mumbai is enough for me still!

• • • • •

Plane

We passed all the policies, which I was clueless of and were now getting on the plane. My heart started beating because I've never been on a plane. The flight attendant greeted us and we went towards our assigned seats. Even this plane looked luxurious. Adi sat down at the window seat and I sat next to him. Oh god! Now I have to sit next to Adi for hours until we reach. I was going to faint just thinking about that.

"Please fasten your seatbelts we will be flying shortly." I heard from the speakers. I didn't pay heed to it and heard clicks around me. A flight attendant was passing the isle with her smile and stopped. "Ma'am, please fasten your seatbelt." I nodded and grabbed the seatbelt. How does this even work! I tried closing the seatbelt but it wasn't even working. I think it's broken. 'You're doing it wrong. Don't blame the poor seatbelt.' Suddenly a pair of hands came towards the seatbelt. I looked up and saw Adi, who was looking at the belt. His face was pretty close to mine. I let go of the belt and after I heard the 'click' he moved back to his seat. I looked down to see my seatbelt on. 'You always have to make Adi put on your seatbelt don't you.' Not my fault I didn't know!

Then the flight attendant was telling us safety things and a video was playing on the screen in front of us. The pilots introduced themselves and said "We will be departing now. Prepare for take off." The plane started moving after they said that and I got scared immediately. I closed my eyes tightly and held the arm rests tightly. I kept praying to god that I don't die. "Please na god, make this plane fly safely. I don't want to die yet. I still need to become a doctor and treat people in need. And open my own orphanage for kids. Please don't make me die yet!" I whispered in a afraid tone.

"You can leave my hand now. We're in the air." I heard Adi say. I opened my eyes and looked over at my hand which was on the arm rest or as I thought so. I saw that Adi's hand was on the arm rest and I was tightly holding it. I immediately left his hand and saw that his hand was red. "Sorry." I whispered, looking away and adjusting myself in my seat.

I looked over at him and saw him reading some magazine. A business magazine. What am I supposed to do? I looked around and saw people relaxing in their seats and watching stuff in the tiny screen in front of them. I wasn't interested in that either. I should have brought a book along! What can I do now? I just huffed, boringly.

A flight attendant came with a cart full of refreshments. "What can I get you both? Juice? Cold drinks? Wine?" she asked. I looked over at Adi who opened his mouth to respond. "No thank you for now but she'll take..." He looked over at me and I said "Water." She happily nodded and handed me my water and Adi went back to his magazine.

I even finished my water too and don't have anything to do at all! I don't know when but soon I dozed off.

I woke up and looked around and saw that I was still on the plane, sleeping on Adi's shoulder. I quickly got up and adjusted myself. "Sorry." I whispered, once again. I do everything to embarrass myself in front of him, don't I! He was doing something on his laptop now.