𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗌𝗂𝗑

•Maya's POV•

Penthouse: Kitchen

I was lost in my thoughts, while I was cooking in the kitchen. Mary aunty hadn't come today so I decided to make lunch. I was thinking about the kiss that happened yesterday. I hadn't seen Adi after it. Maybe he felt guilty. It's not like I didn't want him to kiss me. I just didn't want my first kiss to be like this and by someone who doesn't have any sort of liking towards me.

I finished cooking and was about to go to my room when my anklet fell. I picked it up from the ground and saw that the hook was broken. It had been weak since the past few days and now it's officially broken. I should take these off and get the hooks fixed before they break more.

• • • • •

Penthouse

I was about to go upstairs when I bumped into someone. Not a wall because I know it's never a wall. It was Adi. He is here, in the afternoon? He probably forgot a file, like always. Due to bumping into him both the anklets in my hands fell. I heard the sound of many beads hitting the ground. I looked down and saw all the beads scattered everywhere and the whole anklet had fallen apart.

My eyes popped out seeing that. I started shaking seeing it all fallen apart. I bent down and picked up a few beads with trembling hands. "It fell apart.." I whispered. Tears made their way down and so did Adi. He also bent down and looked at me. "It's broken..." I said, grabbing more beads. "Broken things can't be fixed." I said, sobbing. Why wouldn't I cry when one of the closest gift's I had ever received had fallen apart.

"Maya, calm down." "It's broken." I again whispered. "Maya, go to your room. I'll get this fixed and it will be even better then before." he said. "You'll fix this?" I said looking at him with hope. "I'll get it fixed. I promise." "Pinky promise?" I said wiping my tears and showing him my pinky. "Pinky promise." he said, intertwining his finger with my finger. He then helped me stand up and took me to my room.

• • • • •

Someone rang the doorbell so I went downstairs to open the door. I had fallen asleep after crying and had just woken up because of the doorbell. I knew it wasn't Adi because he knows the code to enter. So I fixed up my appearance quickly before going downstairs.

I opened the door and saw many different faces, looking at me with a smile. I kept staring at them, shocked to see them all together. "Stare at us later. It's raining. Let us in at least." Vivaan said. I moved out the way and opened the door fully and they all came in one by one. Vivaan walked in and sat on the sofa in the living room, followed by Veer and Shreya. Sia smiled at me and also sat down. I was about to close the door when someone stopped it. "Don't forget me!" I opened the door and Sidharth bhai came into view. He gave me a big brotherly hug and sat down with the the rest of them.

• • • • •

Penthouse: Living Room

I went to the living room and saw all of them chilling on the sofa and conversing. I just looked at them confused on what they are doing here. "What?" Shreya said. "What..are you guys doing here?" I asked. "You don't want us here? Could've just said. Let's all go." Veer said, getting up. "What! No, sit back down." I said, panicking. "I'm just asking that because I didn't know you were coming. You should've informed me at least. I would've prepared something." "Check your phone. We've called you so many times but you didn't pick up." Shreya said. I looked at my phone and saw it had 17 missed calls from them all. I then saw my phone was on silent. "I had fallen asleep and my phone was on silent."