Chapter 19: An Unexpected Surprise

Start from the beginning

I opened the door, and ran out towards where I came from. I looked around for any phone to call, but didn't find one. Searching the premises, I looked for someone to ask for a phone. Eventually, I heaved a sigh and went back into the direction of my room.

I halted my movement when my eye landed on one of the maids I grew fond of over the few days. Walking up towards the lady who I learned to be Marla, I stopped right in front of her.

Her eyes darted to me and a warm smile came upon her face at seeing me. "Hello dear, is there anything I can do for you?" She softly asked me.

I returned her gesture and gave her a smile that barely reached my eyes. "Hello...um I... yes. I need a phone to call from?" I was hoping that she'd understand me, I was a desperate woman at this moment.

After a few moments, she replied. "I..I don't think that Sir would like that..." Hesitation and a slight fear was shown on her face.

I thought about who exactly I wanted to call in the first place, and then I decided on the person I hated the most. Not that I could call anyone else without suspicion, so maybe this idea would work better. I could just ask him myself for my phone.

"Don't worry about that....you won't get in trouble. I want to call Tristan..." I said next, hoping I was right about her not getting in trouble.

After all, she was the kindest lady I've met here and she didn't deserve to face anyones wrath for helping me, even if I was in need.

She didn't respond, her eyes wandered around and she appeared to be in deep thought about what I just said. After some time of waiting for her reply, she answered me. "Ye-okay, I guess you can call...." She meekly said, and a half smile appeared on my face.

The smile would have been brighter if it was someone else I was calling instead of the devil himself, but it would have to do...

She led me back to my room and later came back with a phone in her hand. I guess she didn't want me to see anything regarding the whereabouts of the phone. I can't blame her though. If I even had a clue of where it was, I would have been already on a wild goose chase searching for it.

Marla handed me the phone, and I thanked her. She was a kind woman I had to say, and this was actually a huge risk on her part. For me, I didn't give a damn about the outcome of any of this..except for her part.

Once I diverted my attention to the phone, the call was already pulled up. 'All I had to do was press call,' I thought. I inhaled deeply, and closed my eyes before tapping the button on the phone.

The moment I did so, I could hear the phone ringing. After a few rings, the person answered, and the next thing I heard was a voice on the other line.

"Yes, Ms. Yadetch?" There was a masculine voice on the other end of the call, deep but soft at the same time. I furrowed my brows in confusion.

This wasn't Tristan, I knew his voice by now...surely this wasn't his voice though. I wondered who I was speaking to then?

"Who are you?" I asked the man straightforward, not caring how my question came out.

"If I may ask, who are you? This isn't Ms. Yadetch..." The man said back without answering my question.

"I am Alina, and I want to know who you are...I called Tristan right?" I wondered if Marla gave me the correct number....

"Alina....hello! Tristan is occupied at the moment, so he isn't available to speak. Please, if there is anything you need to say to him, I will gladly forward the message..." He replied.

I thought deep for a few moments, but the thing that lingered around my mind was the fact that he said my name as if he knew who I was. "How do you know me?" I asked him seconds later.