Chapter 14: The Truth (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Leave me with the files, as well as the ones on Bryce Maddox." I demanded Trevor.

"Ye-yes Sir." He handed me the files on Bryce as well.

"I'll call you, you can leave now." I commanded.

"Yes, okay," He said before turning around and leaving.

I buried my head in files and documents on Leonard and Bryce. According to this information, Bryce Maddox was a businessman eh?

He owned a few businesses around the world, he most likely took up after his father's death. He was nothing like me, nor did he know what he was up against.

I scanned my eyes on every single file, top to bottom, when one in particular got my attention. Maddox Corp and Industries was under his name.

Half of his father's company was established with him. I've heard once or twice about him and this company, but never really paid any attention to it.

I wonder if Alina has had communications with her brother? So she isn't behind this after all. Her brother and Leonard is.

She has only been in the same home with me for a day. My intention at first was to get the truth from her and either hold her responsible and punish her or either let her go.

Her mouth is what mostly got her here, for she had to say the wrong thing. I am glad she did though, or there would be a huge chance she wouldn't be here right now.

What's her punishment? I asked myself.

What should I do with her? At some extent, her punishment is to be here with me since I am aware of her massive dislike for me. She detests me, and finds me disgusting. I rolled my eyes and scoffed at these thoughts in my head.

Besides her stay here, what would she do? I was a man after all, and men tend to have needs right? I thought.

Maybe she should become my mistress. The thought of that sounded interesting and made me feel a spark of heat inside my body.

I swallowed and licked my lips, my thoughts going back to every little detail of Alina. I would love to suck those full plump lips of hers, including doing a few other things with them.

The wicked thoughts running through my head had me hard as a rock. I shook my head and snapped back into reality. My thoughts of her were taking over my attention and body.

I don't think I need her, for I just want her? Need seems too desperate, and I was anything BUT DESPERATE.

For the next few hours, I had concentrated on finding as much as I could on Bryce and Leonard. I also looked through more files of Alina as well. I learned a lot about her, and found out a few surprising things that will go untold for now.

I got up and walked out of my office. Closing the door behind me, I went straight to Alina's room. What I was doing and for what reason, I didn't know. All I know is I wanted to see her. Weird right?

I opened her door and found her sitting on the bed. She seemed worried and was lost in space, not noticing my presence until I closed the door behind me.

"What are you doing here?" She asked. I could see mixed emotions playing on her face, but I couldn't make them out.

She had changed out her outfit into a plain white shirt that reached her thighs. Her legs were uncovered, letting me see them.

"Does it matter?" I ignored her question and asked her. I didn't know exactly why I was here, and saying that I wanted to see her was a big NO.

"Yes it does matter. It matters a lot. You obviously have never heard of privacy," she said curtly.