A New Solution

A new school system on the Octopod was implanted, and I actually enjoy school for once. Captain Barnacles called everyone in for a meeting, and he explained that the school system on the Octopod couldn't be the normal 7 hour day other schools had because they just didn't have enough time, and that we needed a minimum of 3 hours of learning, but he would do more if he can. We had 4 Core Classes, English, Math, Science and Social Studies/Civics. We had Unified Arts classes, where we were only required to take two, and electives we could choose to take outside of the 3 hours we spent in school. Each class would take 30 mins a day, and electives were held whenever the teachers had time for us. We had one more week of vacation, and then school would start. The last day of vacation, I was helping Tweak fix the Gup B after Kwazii wrecked it. Again. 

"Jane, you excited for school?" She asked warmly. "You have a favorite subject?"
"Not really, if you count dismissal as a subject." I say, averting my eyes to a big scratch on the Gup. Tweak chuckled warmly.
"You are a clever one, I would think you'd enjoy the challenge."
"Not really, I never got anything above a B in my life." I reply, slightly ashamed, Tweak probably was a straight A student, just like my sisters. 
"No! Well, why's that?" She asked, seeming genuinely surprised. And then I listed everything wrong with me, and that was a long list, inattention, hotheaded, real bad temper, can't follow any sort of direction, rejects all help, fidgety, impatient, no respect, etc. "Jane, lemme tell you something," she says, "when I was about your age, there was a boy in my class, acted just like you. He never got good grades, but he was real intelligent, and you know what happened? One day, he came to class, went up front with the teacher, and told us he had ADHD, and explained what it was. Funny how such a little thing can come in handy." She bent down to my level and asked, "You ever got tested?" I shook my head mind buzzing in shock and confusion, never in my life did I think someone had the answer to my problem. "I'll bring the matter up with Dashi, and we'll let her decide what she wants to do, kay?"
"Kay." I reply, feeling funny, it's strange how you have a problem your whole life, and just don't know how to get rid of it, but it can go away so easily if you just talked to someone. I could never bring it up with Dashi or Koshi, they wouldn't get it, I'd just get the same response over and over, "You just need to work harder," or "You just need to discipline yourself more."

"Welp, looks like that's all we can do for the Gup-B for now, Kwazii's gonna have to do with a couple dents and scratches till tomorrow, I promised Dashi I'd let you go before 8, and tomorrow's a big day, night Jane. You taking my mechanics class tomorrow?"
"Yep, see you tomorrow, goodnight."I say, beaming. Tweak made me feel like something special, and when you're the underdog of the family, it feels like you've been given a million dollars. Being the youngest sucks sometimes, especially when you get your sisters' old teacher. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, "School." How can one word bring so much dread?

A/N: Sorry this chapter's so short, I'll try to post a longer one on Tuesday, and comment down below what you'd like to have in the story, I will be taking suggestions, thank you, and bye!