Chpater 9

Waking up in the morning, Tommy knew it was time to leave. He found the energy to get out of bed and brush his hair and teeth quickly before putting on his bag and walking downstairs and into the living room, where the social worker was waiting.

"You ready to go Tom?" She asked him, giving him an obvious forced smile, to which he nodded his head. He looked at Phil, Techno, Tubbo and Wilbur before walking out and going into the car.

He placed his bag next to him and as the car started moving, he turned around to see Techno on his knees, crying in the middle of the road next to Wilbur, Tubbo and Phil, all obviously trying to stay strong for the sake of everyone.

"I knew you were going to be back..." The social worker said, scoffing at Tommy as he huddled himself up into the corner of the car and pressed his head against the window, praying that one day, he would return to that same household with the same people.

He started silently crying and soon, the vibrations caused him to fall asleep.

"Get up!" Tommy heard as he emerged from his slumber and quickly picked up his bag, walking out of the car and stepping, once again, into the giant building which he swore he would never return to.

"This is going to be my home now, I may as well face it..." Tommy said to himself, walking back to his old room and unpacking, knowing that the only place he thought he would stay forever, the only chance he had at a normal life, was gone...

3 Years Later...

Tommy stepped out of his room, yawning as he brushed his teeth and did his hair. It had been 3 years since he was last taken into a home, and today he had been given the news that he was going to a new one.

He didn't want to ruin this oppurtunity so he tried to make himself as presentable as possible, however with the limited items he was given to look remotely good, this was hard.

He looked at his figure in the mirror and stared into his eyes, giving himself a little pep talk in his head before packing his stuff and walking along the winding corridors and into the waiting room.

"Tommy Innit?" Someone said and he walked into the room in which he hadn't entered for the past few years, placing down his bag as he looked up to meet his new family, shocked at the sight of it.

Standing in front of him was Tubbo, Wilbur, Techno and Phil, tears in their eyes as they saw Tommy for the first time in years.

Tommy was also on the verge of tears, but not for the same reason...

"You left me..."

"Tom-"

"YOU LEFT ME, AND NOW YOU JUST EXPECT ME TO GO BACK WITH YOU!" Tommy yelled, the tears which were resting in his eyes finally falling down and onto his red and white t-shirt.

Phil looked down at his feet as Tommy took a deep breath and then mumbled something.

"Lets go..." Phil said, opening the door as he allowed all of the boys out of the building and into the car, which hadn't changed since Tommy had last been it 3 years ago.

The car ride seemed longer as everyone sat there in an awkward silence, not knowing what to say to break it.

The second they arrived at the house, Tommy stepped out and walked into it, nothing changed since he had been in it, so he walked to his room. He placed his bag down and locked the door, sitting on his now dusty bed sheets and putting his hands on his head.

"They decided to take me back and I've already messed it up..." Tommy lay down and stared at the ceiling, trying to decide what his next move would be, but just as he was about to get up, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in..." Tommy said, just loud enough for the person to hear.

Tommy heard the door unlock and looked to the side to see Techno, the only person who Tommy was slightly ok to see.

"Tommy..." Techno said, before he was rushed into a warm embrace.

"I'm sorry..." Tommy started crying to Techno who hugged him back tightly.

"It's ok... It's ok, you're back now..." Techno hushed him and looked at him again.

"You've changed a lot..." Techno giggled.

"I could say the same to you Techno..." Tommy gave him a smile and a little laugh before Phil called everyone down for lunch.

Tommy gave Techno's hand a slight squeeze and then walked downstairs and into the kitchen, only letting go of Techno when he had to.

"Hey Tomm-" Phil began, before Tommy shook his head, silencing him. Phil turned around and put all of the sandwiches on a plate, trying to calm himself before he started crying.

Everyone sat down at the table and the same uncomfortable silence washed over them, the same as it had been in the car.

Tommy knew it wasn't that different, but they had gotten rid of him. He understood that he had been troublesome, but he thought that they loved him. He guessed he had misinterprited what had been said though.

Techno and Wilbur were now 18, meaning that they wouldn't be in the house that much anymore and Tubbo was 15, he was a lot less clingy than he was a few years ago, but apart from that he was the same.

The second Tommy finished his food, he washed his plate and put it away, walking upstairs and back into his room, placing his belongings around room.

"Can I even call this home anymore..."

Hello! Updates hopefully once every two or three days, thank you so much for 700 reads, that's incredible! I love you all so so much <3