Chapter 4

"Come on Tommy!" Tuboo gave Tommy a smile and let Tommy hold his hand as they walked up the stairs. It was the first time that Tommy had been in Tubbo's room, but he managed to make himself comfortable as soon as he got in. The walls were a light blue with clouds dotted around the walls. His bed had green sheets on and random bee plushies and toys were scattered around the room. He sat down on the bed and Tubbo raided his wardrobe, searching for something to play with.

After 5 minutes of searching, he decided to grab the monopoly board from the top of the wardrobe and walked out to see Tommy holding a book. He was looking at the words with a confused look on his face, scanning the pages with his finger.

"What's up Tommy?" Tubbo said, tilting his head to the side and placing down the game on his desktop next to his PC.

"What does this say?" Tommy said quietly, as he still wasn't used to saying longer sentences around anyone apart from Techno.

"You can't read?!!" Tubbo said, genuinly surprised, then realising that he probably hadn't gone to school long enough to learn how. "It's ok Tommy, don't worry, I can teach you!" He gave Tommy a smile and sat down next to him, placing the book inbetween them both.

After an hour, Phil walked up the stairs and to Tubbo's bedroom door to get Tommy so they could go shopping for things for his bedroom and clothes, as the bag he carried was a bit sad too see, even though he had already gone through the same sight 3 times before.

"This word says deteriorate..." He heard a muffled voice say from indoors and a different, a lot quieter voice repeat after.

"Well done Tommy!" He heard Tubbo yell and Phil opened the door to see Tubbo and Tommy hugging, both boys had a big smile on their face, making Phil give a small smile as well.

"Lets go shopping Tommy! We need to get you clothes and things for your room. Tommy sat back up and stopped smiling, jumping off the bed and giving Tubbo a nod and walking down the stairs to go and put his shoes on. Phil sighed and leant against the wall, putting his hand to his temple before walking out of the room and closing the door behind him.

He went downstairs and opened the front door, allowing Tommy to run out and sit in the front seat of the car.

"We'll be back in a minute boys!" Phil yelled into the house, hearing a yell of response before he closed the door and locked it to keep the people inside safe. This world was deadly, their experiance with people outside of their family were horrible and he didn't need anything to happen to his kids after what happened to his brother...

He got into the drivers seat of the car and started it. Before he moved he looked to his side to see Tommy huddled up on his seat, looking out the window and at the house.

"Hey Tommy..." Phil said as he reversed the car out of its parking space and onto the road where he started to drive away. Tommy turned his head to Phil, looking slightly scared.

"I want you to know that you can trust me... Even though I don't know much about you and you don't know much about me, I want you to know I'm always here for you and I'll always be here if you need anything..." Phil sighed and then turned back to facing forward, not expecting a response from the tiny boy in the passenger seat.

"Thank you Phil..." Phil's eyes widened as he turned to his side to see Tommy giving him a weak smile, establishing a bond of trust between the two, Phil teared up and turned his eyes back onto the road so Tommy coulnd't see his crying.

Once they got to the shops, Phil got out of the car and opened the door for Tommy who jumped out and Phil closed the door behind him. Tommy grabbed his hand and dragged him into the store and immediately running to the clothing isle. He picked a bunch of the same t-shirts he already had and Phil managed to bribe him into picking at least 1 different thing from what he was already wearing. He decided on a red hoodie with white stripes on it, as it was the same colours as his t-shirt but a different style.