Pros And Cons Of The Mafia.

Start from the beginning

After that last sentence we didn't speak, all while we were walking through the mansion where servants, bodyguards, men and women were walking around. Some of the men had guns and were dressed in suits with assault rifles and handguns strapped to their person. Sadie, Riley and I walked up the stairs and down another hall which was carpeted in red with portraits lining the cream painted walls.

There were lots of doors, all closed and a few servants were walking in the opposite direction. Every time they saw Sadie and Riley they stopped and bowed their heads respectfully.

"You guys sure are respected around here," I observed.
"It is expected of them, I am the younger Don's wife and Riley is Mr Guerrero's niece," Sadie explained.
"What about your mother Riley?" I asked. "Valentino mentioned that his uncle and cousins stayed here as well, but I didn't hear him mention an aunt."

"Mother was killed in a shootout years ago. A few men from a drug cartel invaded our home and I was out with my father and brothers when it happened," Riley said sadly. "I've never been the same since that day. My innocence was snatched in a heartbeat."
"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that," I said sympathetically.

"It's okay. I've put it behind me a long time ago," Riley casually stated. "I made up my mind that I wanted to help others, so after I graduated high school I went to college to pursue my bachelor's degree in Physiology, Biology, Anatomy and Chemistry. After that I studied for my MCATs and enrolled in Med school. Now I'm in the process of pursuing my residencies in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics and General Surgery."

"That's very impressive. Have you ever killed anyone?" I asked.
"Why do you want to know that?" Riley asked laughingly.
"I'm curious is all. Have you or haven't you?"
"I've killed my fair share of bastards. It was mostly people who tried to hurt me or the family."

"What about you Sadie? Have you ever killed anyone?" I turned to look at Sadie as we went up another flight of stairs, this one with more doors and lesser people.

"When I joined the family I had to pledge my loyalty and my life to the Sangue Mafia. I had to pass a test, several in fact. I had to go on a recovery mission with Damen to prove I would go against anyone to protect my own and I had to be initiated as Mrs Guerrero and leave my maiden name behind," Sadie confessed.

"And you were only sixteen when this happened?" the shock in my voice when I asked this did not go unnoticed.
"I had no choice, I couldn't refuse even if I wanted to. I was the property of the Sangue Mafia."

I was stunned to hear her say this in such a casual manner. But I can guarantee you there is no way in hell I'll ever be called anyone's 'property'. I was my own person, I had a mind of my own and I'll be damned if I ever let anyone tell me otherwise.

"Sabrina mia cara, dove sei? Vieni da me mia bella moglie," a deep voice called from around the corridor.
(Sabrina my darling, where are you? Come to me my beautiful wife)
"There's my husband," Sadie said blushing furiously.
"May I ask how old he is Sadie?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Damen is twenty three. Sabrina married him when he was twenty one. She had the body of a twenty year old with her height, her boobs, her ass and her attitude. She drove Damen wild," Riley snickered. "Also she admitted to me on several occasions that she thought he looked breathtakingly gorgeous. Especially when he was all naked and-"

"Okay Riley that's quite enough," Sadie interrupted her. The three of us started to laugh just as Damen emerged from behind the wall, his shirt was partially unbuttoned, the sleeves rolled up to his elbow and his hair was visibly untidy. I'm not hitting on Sadie's husband, but I had to admit, he did look a little hot.