Chapter 38

* Kathleen *

And so I was standing there awkardly between Alek and Jacob . 
" Who the hell is he ?! " they both said at the same time .

Just then Danica walked outside with Embry , Seth , and Bella . They all paused , seeing the scene unfold . I'd noticed that ever since the dance, Danica was more open to Alek . That was a good thing .

" Alek ?! " Danny said with a smile , jogging over , hugging him loosely .

" Alek ?! " Embry and Jacob demanded at once .

I shot them a glare and Bella walked over .
" I've heard so much about you . " she said with a smile . 

Alek looked at me with a knowing glance and gave Bella a small smile . 
" You must be Bella . I've heard about you as well . She only had nice things to say about all of you . " he said and then paused , looking over at Jacob .
" What's your name ? " he asked with a raised eyebrow.
" Jacob . " Jacob said, gritting his teeth .

Alek chuckled in satisfaction . 
" She never mentioned YOU . " he said , snaking an arm around my waist . 

Jacob's eye twitched slightly . 
" Alek Aristov meet Jacob Black . Jacob Black meet , Alek Aristov . " I said , tugging Alek inside .

" Alek Aristov . Pfft . " Jacob muttered under his breath following us inside .

Once I got in there , I saw Kendal and James .
" KENDAL ! JAMES ! " I exclaimed , running over , pulling them into my arms.
" Kathy ! " they said .

Jacob walked in and saw Kendal and James and almost turned around and walked back out .
" Seriously ? Really ? Can't she have UGLY friends ? " he muttered .

Embry shook  his head . 

" Guess not. " he said .

" When did you guys get in ?! " I asked .

" About 45 minitues ago . I'm not sure you're aware of just HOW far into the wilderness this place is . " James said , shaking his head .
" And no cell phone signal ! " Kendal threw in.

" Yeah , well sorry to cut this short , but Charlie's out of room so I guess you'll need to go find a room at a hotel FAR away . " Jacob said , leaning in the doorway smuggly .

I sighed , not wanting them to have to do that . 
" No need . We rented the house across the street . " Alek said with a smirk .

I looked at him in surprise and smiled widely .
" I'm so glad you're here . I missed you so much ! " I said , hugging him tightly once more . 

He chuckled and looked down . 
"  I missed you too ,love. " he smiled , stroking my hair .

Jacob cleared his throat . 
" Don't you have some place to be ? " he asked , shifting uncomfortably .

 Alek looked down at me . 
" Sure . I'm sure I can think of something . Kathleen , would you join me for dinner ? " he asked with a smile .

I nodded . 
" I'd love to , Alek . " I said happily .

He chuckled.
" Alright . If we go now , I can start cooking . " he said .

I laughed. 
" You cook ? "

" Of course ! I'm offended you thought I couldn't ! " he said, rolling his eyes .
" Wait ! Hold on a minitue there ! " Jacob protested .

" I'm sorry . Can Danny and Bella come ? " I asked .

Alek nodded .
" Why not . Good food is always best when it's shared ." he winked.

I laughed and looked down at my bikinni.
" I'll change . " I said , making my way upstairs , changing into jeans and a pretty beaded top .

*  Jacob *

Everything got quiete when Kathleen left and Alek and I kept glaring at eachother . I hated him . I hated him so much . I hated him because he was so damn perfect . How was I supposed to compete with that ?

* Kathleen *

I walked back down and grabbed Alek's hand . 
" Lead the way . " I smiled .

He chuckled .
" Come on ladies . " he said , linking arms with me and Bella with Danica following closely behind with James and Kendal .

" Don't wait up . " he added over his shoulder at Jacob with a smirk . 

We got back to Alek's place and Alek pulled me aside . 
" There's something going on with that Jacob guy . " he said quietly so only I could hear .

" He's a werewolf . " I said easily .

His eyes nearly bugged out of his head .

" A-A w-werewolf ?! What the bloody hell are you doing hanging around a werewolf !?!" he practically yelled .

I sighed , clearing my throat . 
" Shhh . I'm not supposed to tell . Don't worry . He wouldn't hurt me . He know's he's still PART human and it's that part that will get a can of whoop ass if he does . " I said , squeezing Alek's hand gently . 
" This town is wierd . " he murmered .

I laughed .
" Tell me about it . Now come on . I'm hungry . " I said , pulling him into the kitchen gently .

The rest of the night went by okay except for Bella flirting with Alek alot . I knew Edward had left and everything and she was upset, but she needed to leave him alone . Did she really need to flirt with ALEK ? Alek wasn't interested in her ! He didn't even know her ! How could she do that ?!