•3

27th June, 2021

Writer.

"Can you cut onions?"
Sawda's question made her feel more lonely as she sharply bit her lip in embarrassment, shaking her head.

"It's ok sweetheart."

Yazan glanced at her from the corner of his eye. Her helpless and embarassed expression made him beam as he immediately looked away, burdened with this lovely feeling.

He didn't want to delay making her his wife for real, but she needs time to even adjust being a fake one , at least he should wait for a week, he thought.

Sayba felt so sorry having 3 of them working while she's just sitting here and embarrassing herself.

"I'm sorry I never cooked, I don't even know the names of maximum vegetables. I'm really sorry."

She muttered in a low tone, totally drenched in shame and guilt.

"Come on it's fine! It's nothing compulsory. I've also never cooked before marriage."

"Looks like we both learnt cooking just to have them as our wives."
Iffaz whispered to Yazan though it didn't went unheard by Sawda.

"Mr.Iffaz shall I bring you a second wife who can cook for you?"
Sawda asked, her voice soft yet murderous.

"No Hayati, I dare myself to even think of thinking about any other woman."
Iffaz looked back at her and blinked his eyes for a couple of times, assuring her that he won't dare so with a nod.

"Yazan I don't think your freedom will last for a good time now."

"I pity myself, but don't you say...it's worth it?"
Yazan winked making him chuckle.

They both continued cooking with Sawda helping them in between while Sayba sat useless in a corner, watching them doing things that she never did and doesn't even plan to ever do.

"OUH ALLAH!"

Abruptly Yazan yelled covering his right eye with his hand as a drop of hot oil splattered there making him feel it to be impossible to open his eye again.

Three of them were taken aback momentarily as they looked at him with horror to realize that he got hurt in his eye.

"Oil...uh.."

"ZAANI!"

Iffaz immediately wiped his hands in his shirt and dragged him to the sink, flushing his eyes with water for a bunch of times.

"I'm fine I'm fine...Iffaz"
He tried but failed to keep that eye unclosed for more than a second.

Iffaz attached his lips to his eye as he heavily breathed there to give him warmth.
A minute of that helped Yazan to open his eye without any problem as he chuckled at Iffaz's anxious expression.

"What a pair they would make if one of them was a girl."
Sayba giggled making Yazan's heart race as he smiled in shyness, the pain long forgotten.

"No yaar! They pair the best being besties having the hubby-wifey type relation involved in their friendship hehehe!"

•••••