46. Hanging with Corpses

Start from the beginning

I can't help but flip him off with one hand as I grab orange juice with the other.

"Wow, can't let us tell them on our own?" I narrow my eyes at Mikey but there's a smile on my face anyway. At least this takes care of us awkwardly having to tell them.

Mikey shrugs. "Figured this was easier."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say." Gerard ruffles Mikey's hair as he takes a seat next to him.

I smile and take my glass of oj along with a microwaved breakfast burrito to the table to hang out with everyone.

~

"You guys want to go to the mall or something?" Ray suggests.

"Sure, why not?" Gerard shrugs.

"Yeah that'll be fun." Mikey adds smiling.

"Y/n, should probably put pants on first." Frank smirks laughing.

"Oh my god. Fuck off, Iero." I roll my eyes standing up from my seat.

"Oh yeah, we should definitely get dressed." Gerard mumbles getting up too and taking my glass and plate from me.

"Yeaaah. I think that would be a smart idea," Frank chuckles.

"I'll kick your ass." I smile at him.

"Not without pants on, you won't." He smiles back.

I roll my eyes, "True." I turn away and start heading back down to the basement to grab some clothes, well my clothes from yesterday I guess. Hopefully Gerard actually washed them. I can hear the boys saying something to Gerard as I head down the basement steps but they're being too quiet for me to make it out.

As I reach the bottom of the stairs Gerard appears next to me with an arm around my waist.

"They don't actually think we did it, ya know."

I can't help the laugh that bubbles up. "I know. I was just more concerned about the fact that I'm not wearing pants." I laugh leaning into Gerard.

"Oohhhh, yeah that makes sense." He chuckles and presses a kiss to my temple. "Hopefully your pants are dry, if not I'll grab some from your house."

"Okay. I can just wear what I wore yesterday anyway. It's not a big deal."

"I have a shirt of yours that you should really take back though. Also then you don't have to wear the exact same thing." Gerard says as he checks the clothes in the dryer.

"You do?" I sit on Gerard's bed and try to think of the last time I forgot a shirt at one of our sleepovers. Well Mikey's and my sleepovers.

"Yeah." Gerard walked over to his dresser and pulled out a baseball tee. "From August?" Gerard smiled shyly as he handed me the shirt.

"Oh fuck," I say a bit taken aback. "That feels so long ago now." I look up at him.

"Yeah," He rubs the back of his neck awkwardly. "It really does feel like ages ago." He watches me for a moment before dipping down and pressing a kiss to my cheek. "Uh let me go grab your pants," he chuckles.

"Thanks." I look at the baseball tee in my hand and can't help but think about how absolutely terrifying and vulnerable that night was. If anything, without that night Gerard and I might still be on non speaking terms.

"Here you go," Gerard says above me, holding my pants.

"Thanks, love." I stand up and take the pants from him putting them down on his bed behind me.

"Is everything okay?" He questions seeing me putting my clothes down.

"Yeah, I'm just," I sigh and put my arms around his shoulders pulling him close to me. Gerard's hands find their way to my waist in an instant. "I'm just kind of glad you nearly killed me back in August." I laugh.

"Oh my god," Gerard rolls his eyes and pulls me closer in. "I cannot believe you would say that."

"Hey!" I shrug, still holding onto him. "If you didn't, we wouldn't be together now."

He rolls his eyes again. "I guess. It's just never going to happen again, Pumpkin."

"Oh yeah?" I raise an eyebrow with a mischievous smirk on my lips.

"Yeah," He smiles and dips down pressing his lips against mine rather forcefully. I can't help but smile into the kiss.

"YOU BETTER NOT BE FUCKING DOWN THERE!!!"

"Ughhh," We both groan and roll our eyes at Frank before finally separating and getting dressed for the day.

Making it to the mall made everything feel normal. Like last night wasn't a total horror fest in the worst ways possible. Like Gerard and I didn't almost die. Like we are just normal kids hanging out with our friends and none of us have some crazy secret we have to hide. Just a group of friends hanging out and the only new thing is that two of us are dating. Finally, according to Ray.