one hundred and seven

Comincia dall'inizio

Fleamont blinked for a moment, letting his eyes adjust to the dark to see more clearly who was at the door and when they did, he let out small grumble and shook his head.

"I thought Mia told you two to piss off the last time you came knocking on our door."

Matching scowls made their ways onto Orion and Walburga's faces. Both of their eyes shone with the same burning fire and the same dancing disgust.

"So in what world do you think you have the right to be anywhere near my house?"

"We want our children back." Orion said, his voice was steady but the wand in his hand was not.

"They stopped being your children the day you pointed your wands at them-"

"They are our children as they are our flesh and blood."

"Family extends further than flesh and blood - family is more than the people you're related to."

Orion let out a scoff and Walburga uttered a curse under her breath, however, before it had time to reach Fleamont, another spell blocked it.

The three adults turned around to see Sirius standing there, it was evident that he had only just woken up, his eyes were half-closed due to sleep and his hair was in all directions, a sight bit of drool rested in the corner of his mouth.

"Son-"

"I'm not your son." Sirius muttered, his tone was sleepy but there was determination laced in it.

Orion let out a hollow chuckle and Fleamont was pleased to see a hint of panic flashing through his grey eyes.

"He doesn't know what he's saying-"

"It's been two years." Sirius interrupted, raising his wand higher when Orion did so before him. "Trust me, I know what I'm saying."

"He's just tired." Orion let out another small chuckle, but this one too was laced in panic.

"The only reason I would be tired is because of the nightmares I still get because of the two of you." Sirius flicked his wand to face Walburga, and she recoiled slightly under it.

Sirius noticed this and his eyes widened in amusement.

"You two had the upper hand when we were defenceless." Sirius stated, talking more to himself now rather than any of the adults in the room.

Fleamont placed a reassuring hand on Sirius' shoulder when the teenager moved so that he was closer to his parents.

"But not anymore, you both need to fuck off. We've moved on with our lives as best we can after the trauma from both of you - you two need to now move on with yours and just be lucky that you don't have to carry an ounce of what we do too."

Walburga and Orion's scowls only grew.

They didn't go to move but Sirius took another step towards them.

"Please." He said. His voice was quiet once again and there was a sense of desperation hidden in it.

"You've already done enough; just let us live."