❒︎ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙶𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝙷𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝙶𝚒𝚛𝚕

Start from the beginning

Mina let a bright grin show on her face as she stood in front of (Y/N), her favoritism toward her never failing to show. She would be the first to admit that (Y/N) held a special place in her heart, and it wasn't only because she was a character in one of her favorite shows. She grew to personally know (Y/N) and found her to be an all-around attractive person in all aspects, despite her morbid and sometimes pessimistic approach to things.

Mina's grin immediately turned into a worried expression as she quickly launched in (Y/N)'s direction.

"Hey! You dunce, you forgot to put your mask on!" She scolded while grasping onto said mask and beginning to enforce the Velcro straps. 

"Ah... yeah, I must have forgot." (Y/N) mumbled, her voice muffled from the mask but was loud enough to get her message across. Mina stepped back and placed both of her hands to her hips, scrutinizing her work before stepping back into (Y/N)'s personal space. She quickly fixed some strands of hair in place until she deemed it to look neat enough, her tongue sticking out as she did so to show her concentration.

"Anyways! Are you nervous? You're up next, you know!" Mina asked while stretching her arms out, having just gotten up from resting in the stiff chairs for so long.

"... I am?" (Y/N) questioned while looking up at the current fight that was being televised, Midoriya getting whooped by Todoroki.

Mina had a slightly concerned expression briefly crossing her face before she deduced it was simply how (Y/N) was, a forgetful and rather nonchalant person. Though something felt off, she wasn't sure whether to ask or not, but it seemed (Y/N) was preoccupied with something other than the sports festival, her mind in a completely different setting.

"Hey... is everything alright? You've been acting... strange since you returned after your fight with Kaminari, and you were gone for the whole break time, too..." Mina warily asked as she placed her palm gently atop (Y/N)'s shoulder. (Y/N)'s mask tilted a bit to the side as if avoiding Mina's gaze, but Mina chose not to back down, wondering if she could help in any way.

"I'm fine." Was the only response Mina earned from her friend, who proceeded to turn her back to her. Mina raised an eyebrow at the sudden mood switch from (Y/N), who seemed pretty excited to fight at first but that excitement significantly died down.

"We should both get going to our waiting rooms. Your match is after mine, anyways." (Y/N) said as she began walking away, gently rubbing onto one of her wrists with her other hand.

"Hey! Wait--" Mina called out and even reached out a hand in a futile attempt to make her stay a bit longer. She retracted it realizing it was almost time for the next rounds, looking up at the screen where Midoriya and Todoroki were finishing their fight.

"...Something's wrong, what is she hiding?" Mina whispered sadly to herself, wanting to be of some help. She thought (Y/N) trusted her enough to rely on her, but it seems she is still keeping her distance. Maybe it was something personal, but Mina liked to believe they were close enough to have each other's backs, seeing everything they have gone through together.

——————♡——————

(Y/N) swiftly walked down the eerily quiet hallways with many thoughts lingering on her mind, a new concern other than the sports festival arising. Her sport shoes gently kissed the ground as she took many turns towards the room that was clearly labeled incorrectly.

"(Y/N) *******"

The plate atop the door had previously read. It was now dented so you couldn't make out any of the letters, to (Y/N)'s relief. Though she was concerned about many things. Everything was progressing too quickly. She didn't know who she should go to, she didn't even know who she could trust. She felt that looming feeling of dread she feels whenever something bad is going to happen.