"Okay." Gerard took in a deep breath. He looked at Mikey and said nothing.

"Okay?" Mikey said in response, a little bit of annoyance and worry in his voice.

"Mikey." Gerard inhaled deeply. "I'm a vampire."

"Bullshit."

"Mikey, he's telling the truth." I  try not to laugh as I look between the brothers.

"No way. Vampires aren't real. What really happened to you? Why are you both beat up?"

Gerard looked down at me pleadingly. "Mikey, it's true. He's a vampire." I say squeezing Gerard's hand that laid on the bed next to me.

"Liar. You're just trying to trick me so I forget about you guys being beat up. And why Gerard left me a note because he thought he wouldn't come back which is very concerning you asshole."

"Mikey, I'm telling the truth. I uhh, didn't tell anyone about it. Y/n, found out by accident." Gerard looked down, ashamed of keeping the secret from his brother.

Mikey looked between us both in disbelief. "You know you guys sound crazy right?"

"We know." I laughed.

"I didn't know how to tell you, Mikes. It's scary and I'm so dangerous. If I had it my way no one would know at all. I don't want to hurt you." Gerard said sadly.

Mikey looked at his brother for a moment. "You aren't trying to prank me, are you?"

"I wish I was."

I smacked Gerard in the arm. "You sound like you're condemned to hell. You're just a vampire. At least you don't sparkle in the sun." I roll my eyes trying to cheer him up.

"Oh my god," Mikey says exasperatedly. "YOU'RE REALLY A VAMPIRE! WAIT! How the hell have you been in the sun? See that makes me not want to believe you. You're totally fine in the day. What the fuck. What in the fuck. A VAMPIRE??"

Gerard chuckles, feeling a bit better now that Mikey kind of believes. "It burns but like I won't die if I'm in it for a short time. It feels like a bad sunburn."

"Ohhhh, that makes sense as to why you're in the shade a lot and refused to go to the beach with us over summer. Wait. When did you turn?" Mikey looked questioningly between me and Gerard.

"Uhh back in spring."

Mikey nodded. "And how long have you known?" He turned to me, a glint of jealousy in his eyes.

"Since the first week of school." I say shrugging my shoulders up and leaning back, preparing for the anger that might come.

"Oh," is all Mikey says.

"It was an accident." Gerard inserts quickly. "It was the night of your sleepover. And she came down in the basement cause you weren't home and she thought I was hurt and well..." Gerard looked from his brother to me. "I kinda had to tell her."

"And he swore me to secrecy." I looked up at Mikey. "He didn't want anyone to know and especially for you to worry."

Mikey nodded, seeming to accept our explanation, the truth really. "So you've been helping Gerard out all those times you've been hanging out behind my back?"

Yikes. I looked at Gerard wondering how the fuck to tell Mikey we really were just hanging out.

"We were hanging out Mikey," Gerard spoke softle. "Y/n, gave me the opportunity to just be my new weird self and hang out without worrying about doing something that wasn't normal."

"Oh."

"I'm sorry Mikey. I didn't want you to worry and I didn't know how to tell you either."

"Well what changed." Mikey's voice held a slight frustration in it.