Irrational Treasure

Începe de la început

"Yup, I hate this day too but I'll tag along with the twins to keep 'em out of trouble," I promised and took off after the twins. I eventually found them at the front of a crowd in front of a stage.

"Hear ye, hear ye! Ye olde commencement ceremony is about to commence!" Sheriff Blubs said into the mic.

Deputy Durland then came up to Sheriff Blubs with a bell. "Wooo! I got a bell!" he said and started ringing the bell like crazy.

All of a sudden an old lady behind me and the twins started shouting, "Oh, no! Police, my purse!" I saw a guy in a bandit costume run out of the crowd with a purse.

The police however just stood there on stage staring at the crowd for a second. Then Deputy Durland started ringing his bell again. "Ring ring! Ring ring! Woo!" he shouted.

Sheriff Blubs laughed and shook his head. "Hehe, he sure loves his bell," he laughed.

I rolled my eyes at the officers, but when they cleared the way for someone, my face turned into a scowl. Pacifica walked up to the mic and tested it by tapping on the mic. "Howdy, everyone! You all know me, Pacifica Northwest, great-great granddaughter of Nathaniel Northwest. I'm also very rich," she rested her foot on a rock and struck a pose just like the statue of Nathaniel Northwest behind her. The crowd applauded for her but I just rolled my eyes. "Now if you've got the pioneer spirit, we ask you to come on up and introduce yourself!" she said.

Mabel gasped and got a look in her eyes. Oh no. "Audience participation!" she said.

"I don't know, Mabel. Isn't that girl kinda like your arch-enemy?" Dipper asked warily as he glanced at Pacifica, who was checking her manicure.

"That's water under the bridge," Mabel shrugged off what Dipper said. She ran onstage giggling.

"Our first newcomer is..." Pacifica saw Mabel and her 'cheery' attitude faded to anger. "Mabel..." she seethed.

"Yeah! Let's get this Pioneer Day started!" Mabel cheered and blew a raspberry, completely disgusting Pacifica. "Right guys? USA! USA!" Mabel started chanting.

"USA! USA!" we, the crowd, started chanting back.

"USA! USA!" a guy near me chanted while crying tears of joy.

Pacifica, however, just had to kill the mood. "I'm sorry to break it to you, but Pioneer Day is for serious people, and you look and act ridiculous," Pacifica said to Mabel as she took a glance at Mabel's sweater. "I mean, a puppy playing basketball? Are you always this silly?" she almost snapped.

Mabel pulled her sweater up covering the image. My blood started to boil. "Hey, I can be serious," Mabel defended herself. She tried to make a serious face, but it kind of backfired.

"You do have nachos hangin' from your ears, hun," Pacifica pointed out. Mabel grabbed her earrings and blushed. "Wow, I'm embarrassed for you. Give her a hand everybody!" Pacifica said and everyone started clapping. Dipper looked around at the crowd. I saw Mabel start to tear up and walk off stage. I clenched my fists and glared at Pacifica. "Now who wants to hear more about me?" she asked.

"That's it," I muttered. I was about to lunge at Pacifica when I felt arms go around my waist, holding me back. I felt that same spark and I knew that it was Dipper. I felt my cheeks heat up a bit.

I looked back at Dipper, who also had a slight blush on his cheeks and gave him a questioning look. Wait, back it up. He was blushing, at holding my waist. Maybe there's still hope. "She's not worth it," Dipper said and I reluctantly nodded. "Now let's find Mabel." He let go of my waist but he he took hold of my wrist and we started through the crowd.