part 80

3 months later

josh and i have been traveling for 3 and a half months. we live in a different hotel room every few days. it's really annoying but josh loves hockey so it's ok. it's hard for me being stuck with the kids all day long during his games and practices. our families and friends have taken turns flying out for different games. jordan and carson are fussier for not seeing josh as much. he has a game in LA tomorrow so we just landed there. we are staying at sway. we go in.

you: hey!

they all run in and swarm us with hugs and hold the kids.

addison: my kids!
josh: back off

we all laugh.

jaden: how's hockey josh?
josh: great. got you all tickets to tomorrow's game.
you: we got one of those special boxes high up so we can all sit together privately
charli: that's really cool

we laugh and how amused by it she was

mads: josh we have your old room set up

we thank them and take the kids upstairs and settle in a little. we put carson and jordan down for a nap in the king bed and go downstairs.

mads: i missed yalllll
you: we missed you more
blake: how's living in hotels?
josh: suckish
charli: oh

we all laugh. it starts to get late and josh and i are tired so we go to bed. the next day his alarm goes off at 6 AM. he kisses my head and goes to get a shower. i can't fall back asleep so i scroll through tiktok. josh comes out with his messy damp hair and no shirt or pants. just in his boxers.

josh: babe have you seen my pants and jersey?
you: have you checked your hockey bag?
josh: ah. smart

he looks in his bag and 'surprisingly' finds them throwing them on. once he's done brushing his teeth he comes and lays on top of me. the kids are next to me.

josh: hi
you: hi love
josh: i don't have to leave for another half hour. cuddles?
you: mhm

i say as he buries his head into my neck. i lightly scratch his head while tangling in his hair. that half hour flew by and before i knew it he was gone. carson starts crying so i get her the pacifier. she spits it onto the floor. ugh. i set up the monitor and carry the other one with me and carson downstairs. no one is awake so i just lay on the couch with carson watching tv. addison comes down and cuddles me. i missed her.

you: why are you up so early?
addison: i heard josh leave and wanted to come give you company.
you: ah. *laughs

she holds carson.

addison: are you and josh doing ok with everything?
you: ya ig.
addison: that's not a yes. what's going on?
you: nothing. he's just never around. i just miss him. and trust me i've grown to like hockey but it's just a lot. 3 practices a week and 2-3 games a week. and practices take all day. and on game days he spends most of the day stressing and being nervous.
josh: i'm sorry luv. he loves you though.
you: ya. ok enough ab me. what ab you and bryce?
addison: we are good. um i haven't told anyone this but it happened two days ago. i wanted you to know first.

she holds up her hand with a ring on it and and i smile ear to ear.

you: my bestfriend is getting married!!

i hug her tight. i shiver remembering she's marrying bryce

you: eh. good luck to you. the rest of you life with shotgun
addison: i know

she laughs.

addison: enough men. let's have a girls day with charli and mads.
you: but-
addison: jaden blake and bryce can watch the kids.
you: my kids are gonna die!

we laugh and i agree. an hour later everyone comes down.

................