Keith's blackmail

Meredith and Gabrielle ended up doing something that was way beyond what they expected, they ended up having sex intensely, for that whole day, until after a while they stop and go outside, to see if the children were okay, with this they obviously take the opportunity to pay attention to the little Diana and Margaret who were playing in the backyard and using spells on things, but the time has come for them to say goodbye that day, which is a little more touching for the two brunettes who were with feelings well entwined in relation to the Cavendish.

As time went by, every time Keith was traveling, Gabrielle always took the opportunity to go to the Cavendish family residence without Ford knowing what was going on, and it became a common thing for Benson to go to Weddinburgh with her daughter Margareth while she went to have a relationship with Meredith. The two knew that they had a forbidden love and that it would take time for that love to become something real, since they would both have to wait to be 21 and also the fact that they would have to have a lot of money to be able to make the separation judicially possible since Keith had the power of money and corruption to do everything for his own good.

Another thing that the couple had to be careful about was Gabrielle getting pregnant again which was something that could not happen, because it could end up killing Benson, since she almost died during Margaret's birth and it was strongly recommended that she never get pregnant again, but then the brunette's biggest protection which was her father-in-law avoiding his son's advances was having a hard time staying alive. Thomas Ford even managed to survive that illness for a while longer, which helped the girl even more to avoid the advances of Keith, who always appeared in the bedroom wanting to have sex with his wife.

But this improvement was only temporary, since it didn't take even a year, and eventually Thomas Ford died on January 10, 1905, in a very strange and controversial way, even suspected of poisoning, which was confirmed, but nobody ever found the real culprit, which was obviously Keith, who put the blame on one of the servants of the house. Due to Thomas' death, Gabrielle and Margaret's life would become hell, since Keith was a horrible and cruel person, who was quick to attack his wife and force her into a relationship with him with the intention of impregnating his wife again, as well as physically abusing his daughter.

With Thomas's death things were even more complicated for Gabrielle, even more so regarding visits to the Cavendish family residence, but luckily some of the people who worked at the mansion were on the woman's side and would even allow her to go to the mansion, even disguising herself as her if necessary, in case Ford ended up finding out. It was very risky, but it was a risk Benson was willing to take out of her love for Meredith, just as she wanted to provide a better place for Margaret not to suffer from her father's physical abuse. The girl was beaten in every possible way, there was even a day when Keith opened her back from so much whipping, which on the other hand was also causing the little girl to resist and become a stronger and stronger witch, especially when she went to the Cavendish family mansion and received instant healing.

That year 1905 was going to be the real hell, in March was when Gabrielle felt the signs of the second pregnancy happening, she was terrified and extremely frightened, she even asked Meredith for help who also didn't know what to do in that situation, at least with the pregnancy the physical abuses stopped, But unfortunately November 23rd 1905 arrived, the fateful day when Benson had to give birth, to everyone's misfortune she ended up dying due to complications in childbirth while giving birth to a child, which also died as soon as it was born, it was another girl which irritated Keith a lot.

November 25, 1905, was Gabrielle Benson's wake, ironically Keith even invited the Cavendish girls to come to the "event" as he never liked the two Scottish witches exactly because they were witches and this influenced a lot in Margaret wanting to be one too, but also because of another reason for which Ford did not explicitly say what it was. That day they were all down, except for Keith who even looked confidently at the green-haired woman weeping over Gabrielle's coffin.