Chapter 68

"E-Eden?" Gabriel choked out as his purple gaze met a weak, yet a still striking shade of blue.

"Yeah, that is I..." Eden murmured with a small smile.

"Oh thank God!" Gabriel gasped, his voice cracking, he grasped her hand tightly, "You're awake, you're finally awake!"

"That's good to know...Ow!" Eden tried to sit up but stopped with a grunt of pain.

"Eden! Don't try to move! You're badly hurt..." Gabriel scolded as he gently pushed Eden back down on her pillow.

"Where are my fathers'? Are they okay?" Eden said as Gabriel rose to his feet.

"They're safe Eden, they're safe, I'll go fetch them, lie still and don't try to get up okay?"

"Roger that Captain." Eden replied as Gabriel gave her one last kiss before dashing downstairs.

The fathers' had just finished desert when they heard Gabriel running downstairs, "Crowley! Aziraphale! Eden! It's Eden!" Crowley and Aziraphale shot to their feet, whirling around to face Gabriel.

"Gabriel, what's wrong?!" Crowley demanded. Aziraphale's face was white with fear.

"It's Eden....she's awake!"

Eden's heavy eyelids had drifted shut, but they flew open when her bedroom door swung open.

"Eden?" said two familiar voices in unison. Eden turned towards the direction of the voices. "Hi, Daddy. Hi Papa."