Chapter 17

Eden took in her surroundings. The inside of this strange building was bathed in so many different colors of light that it made her dizzy. The place was packed with....demons. She could tell by their smell, it was similar to how her Daddy smelled, except....wrong...

She jumped when Lou placed a gentle hand on her back and coaxed her forward to a table with a booth where two women sat.

"You're all demons." Eden said as she planted her feet on the floor, refusing to move another step.

"And you are obviously something, someone like us, Eden. Your eyes give you away." Lou said softly in her ear she saw that his eyes, that were blue only a minute ago, were now as black as night.

A bottle of wine appeared on the table and one of the women poured her a glass. "I really shouldn't be here." Her Daddy's many warnings ran in her ears as she started to back away,

They are too set in their ways...I won't ever let them hurt you...

"Please join us Eden." said one of the women at the table as she gave her a friendly smile which immediately put her at ease.

"Maybe for a few minutes." Eden said as she sat next to the brunette woman. As she reached out to grab her glass of wine, the two women shifted into a different form.

"How did you do that?" The two women were now two men.

"We can do all sorts of things. Whatever pleases you Eden..." With a snap of his fingers, a spread of food appeared on the table.

Eden gawked at the scrummy food....perhaps she could stay a bit longer...