Chapter 29

Eden stroked the side of her TARDIS. She had so many wonderful memories playing inside of it when she was a kid. She then glanced back at the cottage.

"Daddy, Papa...I'm sorry..." she gripped the wooden ax handle tightly as she yanked the dark blue twin doors wide open and stepped through and onto the waiting pavement of Tadfield Airbase.

Gabriel had his head pressed against the cold metal door, panting heavily.

His fists we're bleeding from all of the times he pounded on the door, trying to bust it open. He was trying to get his breath back; he wouldn't stop until this fucking door was dust beneath his fists.

He nearly jumped when he heard what sounded like someone approaching the door. Gabriel tensed when he realized that whoever it was, they were opening the door.

The door had barely opened to a crack when Gabriel shoved it open so he could take a swing at whoever was opening the door, but whoever it was, dodged and shoved him back into the cell.

Gabriel hit the wall with a thud and he finally got a look at who opened the door, and he did a double take, "Raguel?"

The other Archangel looked behind him, to make sure that no one was nearby then he turned back to Gabriel, "Hello Gabriel."

"What do you want?" Gabriel clenched his bloody fist.

"I'm here to set you free." Raguel replied. Raguel was considered an outsider for millennia by his fellow angels. But he was untouchable due to his closeness with God.

Raguel opened the cell door wider, "Please, you must hurry, the Champion is in danger! You must go to her!"

"Eden? What's wrong? Is she safe?" Gabriel demanded, taking a step towards the other Archangel.

Raguel looked like he was on the verge of tears, "She's challenged Lucifer to a duel, both armies are going to watch like it's some sort of show....and once she's dead....The War will begin...."

Gabriel felt his heart freeze with dread as Raguel continued, "This isn't right, I didn't even wait to ask God for her permission.....this just isn't right...she's innocent..."

Gabriel dashed out of the cell with Raguel following close behind.

Gabriel stood in front of the giant floating globe. One touch and he would be taken to his destination. "Where is she going to be?" he asked Raguel.

"Tadfield Airbase...you must hurry! There's not much time!"

Aziraphale knocked on Eden's bedroom door, "Little One, it's time for breakfast!"

No answer.

He opened the door and peeked inside the room. The room was empty; the bed hadn't even been slept in.

Aziraphale dashed downstairs to get Crowley and they searched every inch of the cottage, as well as the forest only going as far as the border.

"Where on Earth could she be?" Aziraphale fretted as Crowley called everyone on his contact list on his cellphone. No one, not even Tracey and Shadwell, had seen Eden.

That's when Crowley got the gut feeling that something was wrong. Very wrong.

Crowley nearly dropped his cell phone when there was a knock at the door. "Who could that be?" Aziraphale wondered aloud as he rushed to the door, hoping it was Eden.

Aziraphale gasped with surprise when he opened the door and saw Gabriel, his clothing disheveled and his hands bloody. "Oh Gabriel....what brings you here?" Aziraphale asked warily.

"Is Eden here?" Gabriel demanded.

"N-No...we can't find her anywhere..." Aziraphale began but he was interrupted by Crowley.

"You got a lotta nerve, coming here after what you did to our daughter!" Crowley snarled as he gently pushed Aziraphale behind him.

Gabriel ignored the demon, "There's no time for that! Eden is in danger!" Gabriel exclaimed.

"What sort of danger?" Aziraphale asked over Crowley's shoulder, his voice high pitched with concern.

Gabriel explained what Archangel Raguel had told him and where the duel would be taking place. He had barely finished his tale when both fathers rushed to the Bentley.

"Gabriel, please, fly ahead of us...." Aziraphale said before he climbed inside the Bentley. "Please...save my daughter."

"Way ahead of you Aziraphale." Gabriel said as he unfurled his brilliant white wings and flew off as fast as he could.

Aziraphale looked up at the sky and said, "Please Lord, please, let him get there in time..." and with that, he climbed inside the Bentley and Crowley drove off as fast as he could.