Chapter 27

The next morning, Crowley and Aziraphale made their way downstairs to prepare breakfast but were surprised to find Eden already setting the table.

"Good morning Daddy and Papa! Breakfast is almost ready, go and take your seats!"

"Oh Eden this is lovely." Aziraphale said as he sat down. "What's the occasion?"

"Making the best fathers in the world their breakfast." Eden said as she dashed back into the kitchen, she came back a moment later and served them both and poured the wine.

After the breakfast, Eden tended the garden with Crowley.

Eden was watering the flowers when she heard her father ask, "Eden, is something bothering you?"

Eden set down the watering can before turning to face her father, "No, what makes you say that?"

"You've never made breakfast for us before, and you've been very clingy. I'm not complaining mind you." She didn't seem to want to be left alone.

Feeling a flash of nervousness, Eden replied, "I'm fine Daddy, I just wanted to do something nice for you both."

Crowley stared at her for a moment longer, "Alright then, let's go yell at the house plants...I saw another fucking leaf spot!"

Eden sighed with relief when her father turned to go back into the cottage.