Chapter 43

"Head Office retrieved your sword from mankind, who had taken to war and violence a lot quicker than we originally thought. It was given to the Horseman of War, it was in his possession for millennia..."

Gabriel stopped. Aziraphale placed his hand on top of the Archangel's trembling hand, "Keep going dear." he encouraged. Gabriel continued, "After the first attempt of Armageddon failed, we had it in storage. Hastur came to Archangel Michael's office where the sword was given to him to deliver to Satan...."

"We Archangels, and some high ranking demons, use the sword and its holy fire to mark souls for Purgatory..." He actually hadn't used the sword on anyone. He always gave the job to Sandalphon, who relished the opportunity to mark an unfortunate soul for Purgatory.

Gabriel shuddered at the wicked smile that Sandalphon was wearing on his face when he ripped Eden away from him, the look of horror on Eden's face as she desperately reached for him, only to have her fingers dissolve into thin air as Gabriel reached out, forgetting that he couldn't touch her......

Crowley felt sick to his stomach. Holy fire was the counterpart to hellfire....and just as deadly. And since Eden was half demon....

"We gotta get her out of there!" Crowley barked as he clenched his fists.

Aziraphale cut in, "Now Crowley, we need to come up with some sort of plan."

Crowley sat down next to Aziraphale on the bed, Gabriel scooted over so he would have plenty of room. "We probably only have less than three days before the holy fire does anymore damage...hopefully it won't since Eden is half angel, but I agree with Crowley that we mustn't waste time. I won't let my daughter suffer any longer." Aziraphale stated matter of factly.

"But what about Eden's body? We can't just leave it here...." Gabriel raised a good point.

"I know someone who can help us with that." Aziraphale replied.