Chapter 37

Crowley drove in a daze, everything passed by as if in a blur. The only thing he seemed to focus on was his blood stained hands which were gripping the steering wheel, the only thing that was keeping them from shaking.

Gabriel was sitting next to him in the passenger seat, tears silently pouring down his face. He didn't understand what this emotion was. It hurt so much. It wasn't as painful as any kind of physical pain, if anything, this feeling hurt ten times more than any physical wound that had been inflicted on him. The Archangel gazed blankly at the bloodstained tartan bow in his bloody hands....

Crowley glanced back at Aziraphale, who was holding Eden's limp form close with tears pouring down his beautiful face. Eden was bundled up in his coat and Crowley's black jacket, if not for the blood that marred their daughter's face, you could have sworn she was only sleeping.

Crowley turned away and tried to focus on the road, fresh tears stinging his eyes.

Aziraphale gazed at his daughter's face, it was deathly pale and he so desperately wanted to wipe away the blood, she didn't deserve to look like this. He hugged her tightly, trying to give her some warmth, but her skin remained as cold as ice. He ran a hand through her fiery red hair which was still damp with blood. Aziraphale could barely choke back a sob.