Five • Partners

"You don't, but today's different. Come back, immediately"

• • •

Dazai sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose before speaking, "Mori wants us all back."

"Did he say anything specific?" Chuuya questioned him, uncertain as to why they were called back anyways. Dazai shook his head in response, "He apparently already called someone to pick us up."

You and Chuuya got up, following Dazai out of the club, and just like Dazai said, there was a car waiting outside for the three of you.

Dazai opened the door for you before stepping in himself, "Sorry that we couldn't stay longer." "It's perfectly alright," you reassured him.

Sure it was a short experience, but it definitely wasn't anything bad. Well, not including whatever happened to Chuuya while you were gone. Other than that, the short lived night was well spent.

Ordering your first drink with Dazai was also something new since he kept saying that his taste in drinks is much better than Chuuya's.

• • •

"Chuuya only knows wine. Whereas I, have tried many types of alcohol," he declared, acting like it was a competitive sport. You rolled your eyes in amusement, "Is it fine if I take a sip of yours then? Dazai 'the alcohol master' ...?" You were going to say his full name, until you realized that you didn't even know what his first name was.

He raised an eyebrow, smirking as he waited for you to finish your sentence. "This might sound a bit weird, but what's your full name?"

Right.

Dazai's mind clicked, realizing that he technically never properly introduced himself.

"Dazai, Dazai Osamu. It's nice to meet you [Y/N]..." he paused. "[L/N]" you interrupted. "[L/N]," he repeated, the syllables rolling off his tongue smoother than you expected it to.

"And yes, you can try my drink."

Once you both ordered your drinks, you glanced towards the middle of the club, watching the people dance to the unnecessarily loud music playing. You couldn't complain, clubs were always seen as bright, loud, loose, and dramatic.

Dazai quickly took a sip of his drink before handing it to you. "Thank you."

You rested your lips onto the glass, tilting it upwards until your lips met with the beverage. It was bitter, the type of bitter that burns in the back of your throat, but it wasn't very long until the taste finally settled in. It was...good.

Dazai's eyes widened a bit while he watched you take a sip since you unknowingly rested your lips where he had. And he can't even say anything about it since you didn't even see him take a sip first.

"What'd you think?" He said while you handed him back the glass. "It was different, a good type of different." Dazai gestured his hand out, swaying his arm to the direction of your seats.

• • •

"Let's get out," Chuuya said, informing you two that you had reached 'home'. You slid out the car before following Dazai and Chuuya.