Twenty One • Perhaps This Is a Fresh Start

"He can't hear you now, dumbass."

• • •

And with the way Chuuya bolted out of the room? He doesn't even want to hear anything. Because the last thing he expected to see when he came back was to see his two partners making out on his bed.

Chuuya's not jealous. Why the fuck would he be jealous? He has no reason to be. He already stated that he didn't like Dazai. I mean, he did notice the two of you acting a little differently together, but he didn't think anything of it.

Okay, maybe he sort of did, but he brushed it off. And now? He's trying to find anywhere that isn't his own room, because he does not want to talk about it just yet. Maybe he just feels a bit more lonely now? Or he's only thinking about how it only took you two half a year to get together. Or at least, he assumes you're together. Because Chuuya doesn't really do random hook-ups.

Just, forget about that one night, that was an exception.

Point is, he's totally cool with whatever you two have going on. You and Dazai are together, so be it. He can definitely find someone to be with, no matter at all. He tugs on his gloves as he continues walking, but he stops when he sees someone familiar in front of him.

"Oh, hey Chuuya. Great to have you back."

It's Oda, just another person that hangs out with Dazai, but the welcome makes Chuuya feel better, "Thank you, Oda."

"Where's Dazai and [Y/N]?" Oda asks him, confused as to why he's walking alone. 'On my bed doing God knows what' is what he wants to say, but he goes with something that isn't any better, "Did you know about Dazai and [Y/N]?" And the way Oda immediately figures out how Chuuya's feeling scares him, "I- Yeah he told me a while ago," Oda pauses, thinking if he should ask Chuuya anything. "Do you know something I don't?"

"Maybe? I don't know," Chuuya shrugs, rolling his eyes in annoyance. Not at Oda, but more at Dazai. Chuuya brings his hand to the bridge of his nose, pinching it slightly, "They were on my bed, uh-" And Chuuya really doesn't want to admit that his face feels hot. Oda's eyes widen suddenly. "Not...not like that." So he doesn't continue, in hopes of Oda understanding what he meant because he really doesn't want to go into detail about it.

"Ah, that must've been awkward, sorry about that," Oda says, and Chuuya feels a lot better all of a sudden. "What are you even doing here anyway?" Chuuya asks him, wondering why he was going this way when his room is at the opposite end. Okay, he just happened to see him walk in a few times, he just assumed it was Oda's room eventually. "Boss said a new member joined. He didn't tell you?"

A weird feeling of excitement churns in Chuuya's stomach. "No?"

"I guess you'll meet them later then. It was nice talking to you, Chuuya."

Then Oda walks away, going towards Mori's room.

• • •

"He was probably so weirded out! We should apologize or something," You tell Dazai. "That's not my fault he got weirded out!" Dazai exclaims dramatically, and God he feels so light now, as if a brick had been lifted from his chest. "So what? You wanted him to watch?" You say, trying not to laugh at yourself. "Okay, that would've been weird, but apologizing?"

"Dazai, it's his bed, he'll probably never sleep the same way again."

Not that he slept amazingly either way, but hey, more the reasons. "You're the one who brought it up, remember that?" Dazai says, grinning widely. "Fuck off, what else was I going to say? How fucking great my day has been?" Dazai scoffs, "Well, yes, that is what I asked."

"Oh, shut up!" You press a finger to his lips. "And don't say anything else after that." He smirks widely at your words, leaning into your ear before slowly whispering, "Make...me." You shiver at the feeling before he pulls back, "You're awfully bold for a man who was just making a confession."

"What can I say? I do have a way with words, don't I? And you," He presses a quick kiss to your nose, and it already feels so natural, as if you two have been doing this for years. "Better get used to it," He says, looking back into your eyes. "Besides," He tilts his head slightly, but not leaning in. "I don't take any of those words back."

"Oh my God," You roll your eyes at his words, laughing lightly. You both get up from the bed, walking towards the door in hopes of finding Chuuya to talk to him. "Is there any chance that he's in your room?" You ask him, most likely not, but it's always good to ask. He's already so close to you and his head bends down the slightest bit as he stretches, "Probably not." And his voice is already so low and gruff that your whole body jumps a bit. What he said wasn't even hot, what the fuck? "Oh-" He then realizes, "S-Sorry. He's probably not there."

And before you can even reply, Dazai's phone starts ringing, he takes it out of his pocket quickly and answers, "Yes, Boss?"

"I need you all in my office," Mori says from the opposite side. "Chuuya isn't with us at the moment." Mori wants to ask why, but he brushes it off, "I'll call him then, you two come to my office." Dazai responds to him with a quick 'Okay' and he puts his phone back, "Mori wants us to see him."

• • •

Chuuya was already in the office before you arrived, the two of you walked in when he was twiddling his thumbs, his hands on his lap. You chose to sit next to Chuuya, and you quickly whisper into his ear, "Sorry." He freezes, his hands now resting on his lap. He internally groans when he figures out that you'll be talking about it later and—Mori cuts him off, "So, I'm going to make this quick," He starts, looking to the side as he watches the person behind him walk forward.

"We have a new member."

A/N: I don't know where the fuck I'm going with this, but let me say that all of your comments always mean so much to me, so thank you.