Thirty Two • Falling

"We're here."

• • •

He opens the door for you, letting you go in first. You smile at him, reaching for his hand so he can walk in with you. The bar isn't too full, it's quite a regular amount for Bar Lupin. It's not some bar type club, it's more calm—

Or at least, it's been calm everytime Dazai came here with Oda or by himself just to...think about things, have some alone time. He pulls out the barstool for you to sit on. "You don't have to do this, you know," you say while sitting on the stool. "What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't?" He retorts, taking his own seat right next to you.

The bartender immediately walks over, recognizing Dazai, "Dazai, the regular?" He nods at him, "Yeah, and—" He turns over to face you. "Do you want something to drink? It's okay if you don't," he says, because he doesn't want to force you into drinking since technically, you're not even allowed to. "Oh, I'll take [Any Alcoholic Drink]." You say to the bartender. He nods before turning around to grab your drinks for you.

"Do you think Chuuya's back in his room by now?" You ask him. Dazai looks at the ceiling, thinking of his response, "Probably not." And he's not wrong when he says he isn't. "Really? I would've thought so," you respond.

Chuuya's still at Tachihara's room, laughing at whatever Tachihara had said before. It's late, but Tachihara really doesn't mind the company, they're both enjoying themselves.

"Here's your drinks," the man comes back, handing over Dazai's usual whiskey with your drink. You both take the drinks that were set down, looking over to each other, "Cheers?" Dazai says, a little awkwardly, but you do it anyway.

• • •

"I seriously can't believe you," Chuuya says, tears threatening to fall from his eyes after laughing so damn hard. He's having fun, his mind is no longer stuck on Dazai, and he's happy. He feels better. But he's also trying to push away the fact that him and Dazai have had nights like this—where their endless bickering turned into sharing a few laughs.

He does miss times when it was just the two of them—no, he'd never be able to say that out loud—but he's glad that you're here as well. And he's only a little scared to talk to Dazai about the boundaries they want to set because he really doesn't want to see Dazai being cold and serious like he rarely is.

"What can I say? I'm stupid," Tachihara says sarcastically. "At least we agree on that too," Chuuya says quickly, laughing at the way Tachihara whips his head to look at him. "Do you have a mark that's on your nose? Or did you just fall down some stairs for that band-aid?" Chuuya asks, only now focusing on it. "It's for my magical powers, obviously," Tachihara replies, rolling his eyes. "The fuck are you? Some Barbie princess?" Chuuya says. And he's trying really hard not to laugh at any of their responses.

"Maybe, I'd need a prince then, no?" He says, eyes widening only after looking at Chuuya's reaction. He chuckles, "Sorry, that just slipped out."

"So you admit to being a princess..."Chuuya says, mouth slightly open, acting like that's the thing he's most shocked about. But it's working, he thinks the cover up is well. Tachihara dramatically sighs, "You've found my deepest, darkest secret...just don't find my dresses." That is what makes both of them break out of character. "Absolute idiot."

• • •

The night passes by quickly, and this might have been one of the best days Dazai has ever spent with you. Don't get him wrong, he really does enjoy being with you all the time, but today was different. He wants more days like this, where it's just you and him.

"Bar's closing," the bartender yells, there's only one other small group of people with you two in the building. You start to get up with Dazai, he's already paid so you both make your way to the door, and—

It's raining.

Really fucking hard.

"Let's go," you say, taking Dazai's hand and pulling him outside with you. "We don't have an umbrella—" Dazai laughs, feeling the rain hit him. "That's fine, we can just...stay out for a little while," you reply. It takes a moment for him to say anything back because he's just admiring you. "I'm good with that," he finally says.

So, maybe you're both a little drunk as you walk out the bar fully without an umbrella, the sounds of the rain pouring are so calming that it makes you feel like you could fall asleep on the spot. You look over to Dazai, reaching your hand out, and he doesn't hesitate when glancing down and putting his hand in yours. His hair is in his eye as he brings you close to him, not caring about the fact that there may be other people around you, because when he's with you, there's nothing else to focus on.

He quickly sets his other hand behind your head, feeling the wetness of your hair before bringing your lips onto his without giving a damn about anything. You kiss him back easily, pressing your other hand to his chest as your eyes flutter shut. Both of your lips are slightly damp because of the way the rain was falling, but it's not the main focus at the moment.

He breaks apart, keeping you steady so that your foreheads are touching. He smirks, "You know, we've indirectly kissed before?" You laugh at him, "What do you mean?" His nose nudges against yours slightly, "The first time we went to the club, you put your mouth exactly where I had when I gave you my drink."

And that felt like ages ago, "Really? Wow," you say, a little happy to hear something like that—it is kind of cute. "Mhm," he says, and it's so soft that it hardly even sounds like Dazai. You move back a little to feel more of the rain, turning away from Dazai as you do so.

It's loud, the rain hitting the ground and buildings is loud.

And when he knows that you won't be able to hear anything because of how loud the rain is pouring, he whispers three simple words.

"I love you."

A/N: I'M SO GLAD I DIDN'T LET MYSELF MAKE THIS CHAPTER EARLIER, BUT I ALSO WISH I WAITED LONGER FOR THIS—