Sixty • Said Words

"I love you, [Y/N]."

• • •

He's so glad that he finally got his chance to say it, and now he's pouring his whole heart out through kisses. You keep your hand on his cheek, thumb making small circular patterns on the skin. He doesn't know why he was so worried to begin with—the fear of taking things too fast was there, but come on. You two have been together for what, two years? He doesn't know why he didn't say it sooner, why it took him so damn long to—

"It's about time," you mumble against his lips when he whispers another 'I love you'. His eyes slowly start to open, and he's trying really hard not to lean back in and trap your upper li—

"I did say it before, you know," he states, because technically he did—even if you couldn't hear it. "Yeah? And when was that," you ask, raising an eyebrow as you meet him eye-to-eye. "That day at the bar," he sighs, "when it was raining really hard and you got soaked." He presses a small kiss to your forehead, "I said it then, when you couldn't hear it."

"..." You look at him with slightly widened eyes, but they fade out and become replaced with a small smile. "So, I've loved you for a very long time," he says, acting like he's won some grand prize. God, every time he says it just makes everything around you freeze, and your heart skips a beat. At this rate, you might just die with the amount of times he says it.

Now there's this new weight to the whole relationship, because everything you two have gone through was just—

In all fairness, the two of you actually dating was a little messy.

Dazai always knew he had feelings for you, but he obviously didn't realize how strong they actually were. Nor did he understand the whole feeling itself because he's never felt this way before.

Incapable of love, as most people would describe Dazai.

He just never got the chance to feel something like that. Mori basically dragged him into this whole lifestyle anyway. What if it wasn't Mori that found Dazai in the first place? What if it wasn't Mori that found you? What was Mori doing there anyway—?

There wasn't that opportunity of living somewhere where there wasn't bloodshed. Instead, Dazai accepted that this was going to be his life until he got what he so desired. And finding something that can fill that loneliness inside him in a place like this was and is difficult, but he's managed to do it now.

He's now afraid. He doesn't want Chuuya to find another partner, he doesn't want Oda to find another person that drinks in a bar and talks about ridiculous things with him, he doesn't want you to leave him. He doesn't want to mess things up between any of you.

Because now he's gotten used this new change in his life, but he can't face another major one—

"You're..." you start, staring down at the pillow underneath you, "an idiot, but a lovable idiot." Dazai gasped when you didn't finish your sentence at first—but that definitely wasn't the reason for the last part that you added. "Now, we should sleep, because it's late," you say. Dazai rolls his eyes at that. "Okay, fine. Just—" Then he's leaning in, "—one last kiss," he says while pulling back.

Before he turns off the lamp, he quickly mouths out 'I love you' one last time. Quickly, you mouth out the words back—and then the lights turn off, his arm is making its way around you, pulling you close before he shuts his eyes.

• • •

"You want me to do what?" Dazai groans, shocked that the person calling him is actually calling him. "How did you even manage to wake up at this time? I thought you'd be dead asleep," Dazai says. It's not exactly early...but after a late party? Yeah, ten in the morning is early, and the last person he'd expect to be awake at this time is Chuuya.

"Come to my room!" Chuuya yells. You twist a little in your sleep, not bothering to ask what the fuck they're talking about. "Okay—I'll be there in a second—"

He ends the call there before Chuuya can yell at him anymore—he has no idea why Chuuya's calling him in the first place. He probably got stuck in something, is what Dazai thinks, and he chuckles slightly at the thought of Chuuya getting stuck in an object

"I'm gonna go to Chuuya's room for a bit, I'll be back soon," he whispers, knowing that you're still awake enough to hear what he's saying. You furrow your eyebrows in your sleep, giving him a small nod.

He brushes his teeth before going over to his room. He doesn't bother changing clothes because he assumes that Chuuya's also wearing what he wore to sleep. Instead of knocking—because he knows it'll piss Chuuya off if he knocks—he takes his keys and opens the door. He rubs his eyes as he speaks, "now what did you call me for?" And once his vision clears up, he sees Chuuya pacing around the room, biting his nail. Dazai looks at him, obviously confused—and a little ashamed that Chuuya wasn't stuck in anything.

Chuuya's eyes land on the person who's now standing at his doorway. "Close the door!" Chuuya urges. Dazai—once again—raises an eyebrow, slowly stepping forward and closing the door. "Are you—" Dazai starts, but Chuuya cuts him off, before he can even finish that question.

"I'm gonna tell her."

A/N: *chuckles* h-hey... (sadly, it's not another X reader).

 (sadly, it's not another X reader)