Forty Five • Mind Games

"Ah, welcome, Dazai."

• • •

All Dazai does is nod at him, slow and steady as he walks in the room. "You look like you're fifteen again," Mori mentions, "maybe even fourteen." Dazai rolls his eyes at that, paying no mind to the Port Mafia's Boss. "Why am I here?" He asks, because he wants this to be done with. Mori always starts with some slow, stupid shit that builds into what he wants to talk about.

"Do you know where Oda is, Dazai?"

Well, yeah. Isn't he supposed to be in his room, packing or whatever? "He's not in his room," Mori continues. Oh right, he's with the kids. There's no harm in saying that, right?

"He's taking care of the orphans," Dazai replies.

You don't usually tell a mafia Boss that you're leaving the place, right? That'd be considered stupid? What would he know about it? It's not like he's ever left this place without a word.

Mori chuckles, opening his mouth to speak as he looks into one of Dazai's eyes, "you're hiding something."

"So are you."

He doesn't bother to act like he isn't, because in the end—as much as he hates to admit it—he likes to participate in the little mind games he has with Mori. It's because he always wins, no matter what. And as much Mori will bounce between saying he likes and hates Dazai, he doesn't regret making him an executive.

Putting all this pressure on Dazai at a young age, he wanted to see him break, see behind that mask that he hid himself with. He wanted to get ahold of Dazai's unknown past, he was so desperate for that knowledge.

Not once has he ever gotten it. Not a single crack in Dazai's facade that he put up. Which is—

Nothing but hilarious to someone like you or Chuuya, there's been moments where he's been off. The thing about Dazai is, he knows what a right time is, and also what a good time is.

"Well, if you really want to know," he starts, putting his gloved hands onto the desk, "I had a mission to give him soon. Only he could do it."

Hm, hinting at the fact that he knows.

"Surely you could give it to him later? You're acting like he's staying with the kids forever," Dazai replies, because technically, he isn't staying with them forever. "Good point," he sighs, leaning back into the leather armchair, "Odasaku will be back."

"Don't call him that—"

"Call him what?" Mori smirks, he knows that it's one of the things that pisses Dazai off. "Call him Odasaku, it's Oda for someone like you."

What kind of mission was he going to give him?

"What would I be like?" Mori questions. Dazai pulls his bangs back for a moment, "I think deep inside," he gets up from the chair, "you know exactly how you are." He shrugs it off as he goes near the exit. "Dazai, I believe that you also know what kind of person you are then?" Dazai grins at that, waving at Mori as he gets out of his view.

"Of course I do."

He'd be even more insane not to. At this point, every action, word, expression that Dazai puts on has meaning. Keep that noted.

As he walks through the hallways, he calls Oda, just to make sure that he is with the kids still. "Odasaku, where are you?" Oda takes a moment to get himself together, "I'm with the kids, why?"

Because Mori's a dick.

"Mori was trying to get to you."

"I took all my stuff already," Oda replies, and he regrets not telling Dazai while they were at the bar. "Everything's with me at the moment, I'm gonna be going soon."

"Oh, so you've already left this place?" Dazai asks, his voice slow. "Y-yeah—" Oda replies, rubbing his temples. "I wish you nothing but the best, Odasaku," he says, making sure that he sounds bright, cheerful. "Thank you, Dazai."

They both decide to end the call there, figuring that they'd talk about everything the next time they meet. Oda's left staring at the wallpaper on his home screen—a picture of him and Dazai at Bar Lupin. He could've put it as his lock screen, but Dazai's known, and he's now moved to the better side of things. He decides to play it safe.

Which is fucking stupid because Oda doesn't have a password, and he's not planning to put one anytime soon—

He's gonna miss running into Dazai randomly, seeing him smile stupidly as he says that nickname that he gave him.

• • •

Meanwhile, Dazai finally reaches back to his room—and as he promised—he didn't take too long. Now he's slipping back under the sheets with you. He'd be lying if he said that he wasn't a little upset that Oda didn't stop by his room before leaving, but they already said goodbye at the bar. He brushes it off as nothing, he's glad his friend got such an opportunity, and he's starting to feel a little better.

It's almost night, and you suppose Chuuya is coming back from wherever he and Tachihara hung out soon. So you two would be going to his room in a little, maybe...half an hour or so? "Missed you," you mumble against his lips. "It's only been a little while," he replies, chuckling lightly, "but I did too."

And it's quick to turn a small press of mouths into this breathless make-out session. Really quick, but at this point, it's something you both needed.

Distractions from whatever goes on through your mind.

Questions that still need to be answered.

And since he has no idea how you feel, that you love him too—

His mind is hitting him with questions he wants to ask.

Then all of a sudden, he's on top of you, the blanket still covering you two, and he's unbuttoning his shirt—sliding it off of himself. "Hey...hey," he mumbles, trying to break away to ask a question before he throws the white collared shirt to the floor. "What?" You groan lightly, a little annoyed. "Are you fine with me being like this..?"

"Like what?"

He traces his finger on your jaw, and you feel the slight roughness of the skin on the pads of his fingers.

"Shirt off...bandages on," he whispers, and he doesn't want to feel ashamed about it. He's fine with it, but he doesn't want you to think that it's gross or something. "Of course it's okay," you reply, eyes looking him up and down.

Because if anything, he looks good.

The shirt's thrown down onto the floor, and he's back to hovering over you. "Fuck," he curses, before coming back to you.

You love me too, right?

Would you really mean it?

A knock on the door makes you both freeze. He gets up from the bed, walking over to the door. "Who is it?" Dazai asks through the small opened gap of the door, because no one ever knocks on his door. "It's Chuuya—"

Well, then thank God he didn't waltz right in.

He's learned to knock ever since the first incident—which is arguable because it was his room, but since it's Dazai's room, and it's night—knocking seems reasonable.

"Oh, Chibi, we're just getting ready, we'll come to your room in a bit."

'Getting ready' you can't help yourself when you start laughing on the bed, covering your mouth.

"Ah okay."

A/N: thank you so much for 500+ votes <3