Sixty Seven • Another Night

Either way, life wasn't designed to be fair.

• • •

Chuuya knows that he doesn't want to stay in his room alone right now. He isn't too sure what he wants to do either, he only knows that he doesn't want to be alone at the moment. He didn't do anything wrong, right? He still feels so damn guilty—like he was supposed to let something happen between them. But when someone isn't sure of what they want, isn't it better to just leave it? That would only make things worse, even hurt Tachihara if he read the situation right.

Did Tachihara even feel anything? Or did he mean that this was also only a one-time thing?

God, he wants someone, but he's always so scared of messing things up—even if Kouyou has told him constantly that he'd make a great partner to whoever he wishes to be with.

Instead of thinking about it too much, he gets up from the bed. He had felt like he'd been sitting there for hours, when in reality, it had only been a minute or two since Tachihara left. Chuuya walks towards the door, opening it slowly in fear of Tachihara still being there, but he isn't. When Chuuya turns his head to the right, looking at the hallway, he sees Tachihara turning the corner, and going back to his own room.

He isn't going to run after him or anything like that. There's simply no need to. Instead, he goes the room diagonal from his, and he knocks on the door. You and Dazai groan after hearing the knocking at your room. Chuuya has the keys in his hand, "I'm gonna open it if you don't." Dazai turns to his side to turn on the lamp. You moved a bit in your sleep, so your back is now pressed against Dazai's chest.

Chuuya waits a solid five seconds until he opens the door, allowing more light to flood into your room. He closes the door quickly, but he still turns on the lights, and then it hits Chuuya that—

This was a bad idea.

He shouldn't have come here.

"I-I'm sorry—I should go—" he stutters, instantly regretting everything. "Chibi, what happened?" Dazai asks, it sounds a little more like a joke, but Chuuya gets that he's only trying to help. Dazai straightens up, letting his back rest on the headboard, and then Chuuya sees—a maze of bandages. He's only seen Dazai like this once—it was pure accident and he didn't mean to walk in at that time, but knowing that Dazai's comfortable with the way he is now? It's enough to make Chuuya feel just a little better.

"Nothing, it's stupid," Chuuya responds, waving it all off. "Can I just...stay here tonight? If you and [Y/N] don't mind." You raise an eyebrow at him, chuckling, "Of course we don't mind." He sighs in relief, walking over to the couch. "Are you sure you're fine on the couch?" Dazai asks, because he feels a little bad that Chuuya came in lost, and now has to sleep on his couch of all things.

"Yeah," Chuuya replies, already knowing where to get a spare blanket, "feels just like old times." Both you and Dazai laugh at that, and it's suddenly sad how much time has already passed. Chuuya turns off the lights, and the only source of light now is the lamp. "It does," Dazai says, slowly sliding down so he's a little more under the sheets. Chuuya chuckles, "Yeah, I remember you cornering [Y/N] on the first fucking day." You laugh, "How do you mess up that badly?" And while you and Chuuya laugh at the memory, Dazai leans down and whispers into your ear, "and I'll do it again."

You glare at him before rolling your eyes. "Chuuya, you know, one of the first things he said was something like 'most people find me attractive'?" Chuuya almost snorts, "He finally got to see a woman his age and he instantly took the opportunity."

"You're both so stupid—" you say, staring at the ceiling. "Yeah, yeah, we love you too," Dazai replies, kissing your forehead quickly.

And Chuuya does feel better, much, much better. He doesn't regret coming here at all—he feared it would be awkward. It's everything but that, it's fun, nice, a change of things again.

After all, laughter dies out, and you all get naturally tired, because it's now very late—very late for most people, but there's still a day tomorrow, so you'd all rather not waste it.

The next day follows easily, waking up at around eleven, Chuuya doesn't go back to his room so quickly. He stays for a little while, brushing his teeth with a new one from underneath the sink—Dazai keeps them there for when his own get worn out, and obviously, the rare chances of Chuuya staying over.

"Is anyone else concerned as to why Mori hasn't given us any new missions lately?" Chuuya asks, because he only now notices that it has been a while since you were all called. "Yeah, I wonder what he's plotting," Dazai replies, slipping into a white collared shirt.

"Something bad, maybe something good. You never know with that man."

A/N: