Sixty Eight • The Calm Before The Storm

"Something bad, maybe something good. You never know with that man."

• • •

The day—as usual—passes by quickly. The three of you decided to go to the arcade—the same arcade that you first went to with them, and you all got three of the same plushies. And now, it's late again, not too late, but just enough to signal that you should all probably be in your rooms by now.

You all took the car home because of how much it was raining outside. "Do you want to stay in our room tonight?" Dazai asks Chuuya. Chuuya doesn't turn around, his eyes remain on the road—even if he isn't the one driving, but he always liked car rides at night, and sitting on the passenger seat added to that. "No, it's okay. Thank you for today, both of you," he replies.

Chuuya didn't tell you two what had happened, and you and Dazai understood that if he wanted to say something, he would have. There's no use in forcing an answer out of somebody, if they want to talk, they will. And Chuuya isn't sure if he wants to talk about it with anyone or not, he thinks talking to Tachihara might be his best option.

Once you all reach the building, walking back to your rooms, you and Dazai wave goodnight to Chuuya. Dazai locks the door behind him—which isn't anything new, he always likes the door locked, he'd rather not have anyone randomly walk in. And something that is new—

The sound of rain pouring down is loud, it was rare to hear the way the water was splashing down, forming several puddles from inside the building. Everything around you suddenly becomes quiet, and the only things that can be heard are—

One, the rain from outside, and two, your heartbeat.

Heartbeats, correction. You and Dazai simply stare at each other, mindlessly closing the gap by walking towards the other. Dazai's hand easily makes its way to cup your cheek, pulling you in for a kiss that's all too familiar. Your arms slide against his chest, making your way up to casually wrap them around his neck.

His hands pull away for a moment, and they start fumbling with his suit jacket and collared shirt. He feels more comfortable like this after all. Dazai's quick to throw his clothes onto the floor, not giving a damn about whether or not they might ruin—because they were more expensive compared to his casual clothes. You guide his way towards the bed, making him sit down on the edge in a position that isn't exactly new.

Sitting on his lap, hands are frantically on the other, and another thing that is new happens—

That subtle rock of your hips against his? That—that is something that is definitely new.

Now the added sounds are the sound of fabric brushing against each other and that sound of lips almost smacking together. Which sounds gross, but when it's in the moment? Yeah, it's more so seen as hot rather than gross.

And the last thing Dazai was expecting to see was you peeling your own shirt off—which is a first, and all of sudden there's heat everywhere. His lips instantly travel down to your neck, like they were meant to be placed there. "Wait...wait," he mumbles, pressing much softer kisses now. Reassuring, almost. "Yeah?" You reply breathlessly, a little out of it at the moment. "...Are you sure you want to...?" Dazai questions, because from the way this was going, he could only assume that it was leading to—