Year 2: Tournament

After the obstacle race Izuku watched the others until the tournament was up. When the time finally came he and the 15 who passed were ready. The knockout table was about to be shown.

" NOW IT IS TIME FOR THE KNOCKOUT TOURNAMENT!! LET'S SEE THE MATCH-UPS!!" Present Mic yelled.

Izuku looked at the scoreboard to see the match-ups.

Shinso VS Aoyama

Midoriya VS Monoma

Iida VS Uraraka

Sero VS Tsuburaba

Todoroki VS Jiro

Asui VS Bakugo

Kirishima VS Kaminari

Tokoyami VS Kuroiro

Izuku smirked when he saw the knockout table. 

" Heh, that will be easy.  The match ups benefit me so much." he thought.

The first match started. Shinso used Aoyama's ego to brainwash him. He forced Aoyama to get out of bounds and he won the match.

Izuku was next. 

" The heartless bastard from class 2-B, huh! I'll kick his ass." he thought.

" Good luck, Deku!" Uraraka said to Izuku but he didn't respond and he left.

" He's too focused?" Iida wondered.

" Probably. You remember what he said before the obstacle race." Tokoyami said.

" IT'S TIME FOR THE NEXT MATCH!! WE HAVE FROM CLASS 2-B, THE ONE AND ONLY COPYCAT, NEITO MONOMA!! HIS OPPONENT, THE PERFECT COUNTER, THE QUIRKLESS STUDENT, FROM CLASS 2-A, IZUKU MIDORIYA!!" Present mic yelled.

" You said too much before the obstacle race. It is really sad that someone like you is to class 2-A and i'm in 2-B. To be honest, i wonder why you're even here. I have heard rumors that you defeated Gang Orca to take your provisional license. I don't really care about rumors. I will put you in your place, you quirkless trash." Monoma trashtalked.

" Since you don't have a quirk to steal, this will be a clear fist-fight. You're doomed." Izuku responded. His plan was simple. He should eliminate Monoma before he realises that he has a quirk.

" READY, START!" Present Mic yelled.

Izuku dashed and he punched Monoma.

" He's fast." Monoma thought.

Izuku punched him again and again.

He then grabbed his leg and he threw him out of bounds.

" Young Monoma is out of bounds! Young Midoriya wins!" All Might said.

" WOW! ANOTHER MATCH THAT WAS FAST!" that was Present Mic's first reaction.

" Take this match as a warning. Never underastimate your opponent. Even if he is quirkless." Izuku said to Monoma who was down in disappointment. 

" Tch! I lost to a quirkless trash! I'll have my payback someday for sure." Monoma thought in anger.

Uraraka VS Iida was the next match. Izuku returned to class 2-A seats.

" Good job, Midoriya!" Kirishima said.

" Yeah." he said with a bored tone.

" Tokoyami said that he might just be too much focused on the tourament, but is really only that? Is it's only that...his concetration is scary." Todoroki thought.

In reality Izuku was just angry because his new quirk won't activate no matter what he does. Sure, he said he will fight quirkless but that doesn't change the fact that he wants to try this new power.

( I wanted to troll you and tell you the reason he was acting like this in the end of the chapter, but having Izuku with a dark attitiude change again....it just wouldn't work.)

Uraraka defeated Iida in a very close match. Her martial arts lesson from Gunhead helped her in her match.

Sero defeated Tsuboraba due to the quirk match-ups. Sero used Tsuburaba's air barriers with his tape to swing around and that was the ticket to victory.

Todoroki defeated Jiro. Despite Jiro's advantage in the early fight Todoroki's endurance was better.

Bakugo defeated Asui in a ruthless way. He never let her grab him with her tongue and he kept it a long distance fight which was good for Bakugo.

Kaminari surprised everyone with his victory over Kirishima. Many expected Kirishima to win due to his performance last year but Kaminari has learned how to use his quirk properly.

Kuroiro defeated Tokoyami just because the match-up wasn't in Tokoyami's favor and Kuroiro used Dark Shadow to move around.

After a 10 minute break it was Izuku's turn. The round of 8 would begin. He was against Shinso.

" That guy has a brainwash quirk. If i remember well, i must not answer any of his questions and i will be fine." he thought as he was going to the arena.

" NOW WE WILL SEE THE FIRST ROUND OF THE QUARTER-FINALS!! FROM THE ONE SIDE WE HAVE A SURPRISE! THE ONLY STUDENT FROM THE GENERAL STUDIES, HITOSHI SHINSO!! HIS OPPONENT, THE QUIRKLESS STUDENT FROM CLASS 2-A, IZUKU MIDORIYA!!" Present Mic yelled.

" What you said about the quirkless being equals to the others....I don't disagree. It's the exact opposite. I respect that. We are kinda on the same page. I was treated like a villain because of my brainwashing quirk." Shinso said.

" READY, START!" Present Mic yelled.

Izuku started to walk slowly to Shinso.

" However, i don't plan to lose here. If i want to come to the hero course i need to do more than that." Shinso said.

" I won't fall for your quirk trap. I will-" Izuku said but he stopped. Even if he knew about it, he messed up.

" Ironic. You knew but you fell for it. Now do me the favor and leave the ring." Shinso said.

Izuku started to walk slowly to the edge of the ring.

" What's deku doing?" Uraraka asked.

" It's the same as Aoyama. He probably got brainwashed." Tokoyami said.

" Since he is quirkless no matter how strong muscles he has, he can't break free." Ojiro said.

" Tch! You better not lose to him, shitty deku!" Bakugo thought. 

" It has to be thepurple hair kid's quirk. Come on Izuku. I know you can do more than that. You promised me to show me your power. Do it!" Hisashi thought.

" Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!" Izuku thought since he couldn't talk.

" I need to break free from this. I can't lose." Izuku was thinking but he was 4 steps away from being out of bounds.

" Break free! Break free! BREAK FREE YOU QUIRKLESS SCUM!" Izuku thought.

Then the miracle happened. Green Energy appeared in his hand and he punched his face 1 step before being eliminated.

Izuku broke free from the impact. He was heavily breathing but his breathing was returnig back to normal slowly.

Izuku was looking at his hand with shock.

" It worked. It really worked." Izuku thought with excitement.

He turned around to Shinso who was shocked.

" HOW? You're the first one to break free." Shinso asked.

Izuku then thought.

" I won't fall for that again! Time for round 2!"