Year 1: Battle training

After the quirk test class 1-A returned to the class to start their lessons.

The lessons were almost over. One last lesson remained. Then All Might entered.

" I'm entering through the door like a normal person" All Might said. Most of the students were surprised. Then All Might continued " I'm here to announce you that i will be your practical training teacher. And today we will have a battle training.".

They went to ground beta with their hero suits. Since Izuku was quirkless he didn't need anything special. He had a jacket, a t-shirt and athletic trousers , just like any normal person. The only extra thing he had were only two MMA gloves.

All Might set the pairings and who would fight with who. In Izuku's case it couldn't be better. It was Izuku and Uraraka against Bakugo and Iida. When they saw the match up, Izuku and Bakugo looked at each other, Bakugo looked at Izuku angry and Izuku smirked.

They both thought the same thing " Time to put you in your place bastard."

The other students could feel the atmosphere. Even if they didn't like Izuku, they knew that something bad will happen if these two fight.

Every match was over and it was Izuku's turn. Bakugo and Iida were the villains and Uraraka with Izuku were the heroes.

As they were preparing the others were to the observing room. Kaminari then speaked " Am i the only one who thinks of this fight as the main event? The aura these two gave..."

Then Kirishima talked " Who wants to bet?"

They all agreed. Almost all betted on Bakugo and Iida. But there were 3 students who betted on Izuku. These three were Kirishima, Kaminari and Tokoyami.

" Why would you bet on the quirkless?" Todoroki asked curious.

" Well i just wanted to make the difference." Kaminari said.

" I think that he is manly to face Bakugo. I like his guts." Kirishima said.

" You heard what he said after the quirk test. He was serious about it. You could see the fire in his eyes. They were clearly saying 'you're next'. I know he is quirkless but i still can't ignore it and say that he is talking nonsense" Tokoyami explained.

The two teams prepared.

" Start!" All Might said.

" So, what's the plan?" Uraraka asked.

" We don't need a plan. Kacchan will come straight to me. Use it as your advantage to find the bomb. I think you can beat Iida." Izuku explained.

" Are you sure you can handle him by yourself?" she asked again.

" So you're looking down on me, huh? Nothing unusual. But Kacchan is mine. Don't interfere." he told her.

Then a furious Bakugo appered.

" Now it's your chance. Go." he shouted.

" Good luck"  she said as she left.

" Now it's you and me Kacchan. Bring it." he took his fighting stance.

" Shitty Deku, i will make you eat the words you said at the quirk test." he charged with a right hook.

Izuku countered it and threw Bakugo down.

The students were surprised.

" Is that all you got? I thought you would make me eat my words." he mocked Bakugo.

" For a quirkless scum you're so full of yourself." he said as he got up and he used the gauntlet from his hero suit.

" Young Bakugo, stop!! You will kill him." All Might shouted.

" If he dodges he will be fine." Bakugo said as he unleashed the attack from the gauntlet.

Izuku tried to block it.

"You are an idiot. You really tried to block it." Bakugo mocked. But when the smokes disappeared Izuku was still standing up with just some burns in his hands.

" For ten years i have endured these burns and the bruises you were leaving me every single time. Did you really think that it would hurt? " Izuku said as he looked at Bakugo with a grin.

Then Bakugo floated. Both Izuku and Bakugo were surprised. They saw Uraraka controlling Bakugo. She threw Bakugo to the wall and she knocked him out.

" Phew i made it in time." Uraraka said.

" I thought i told you to not interfere." he looked at Uraraka furious.

" You can scold me all you want after the exercise. For now please cooperate so we can win." she said.

" Tch! Shit!" he said as he punched the wall almost breaking it.

They arrived at Iida.

" You really think you can beat me heroes? I'm the ultimate villain." Iida said using an evil fake laugh.

Uraraka tried to hold her laughs and Izuku was like" What the fuck?"

" This is the perfect room to fight you. Uraraka can't use her quirk on anything and Midoriya can't touch me." he mocked.

" What's the plan now?" Uraraka asked.

Izuku then broke a part of the wall and he made them into pieces of rocks.

" Make the pieces float to my height and then float yourself to the bomb."he said with an angry face.

She did as he said. Izuku kicked the pieces and they were sent flying to Iida. Iida blocked them and when he tried to prevent Uraraka from touching the bomb Izuku punched him. Uraraka touched the bomb.

" Hero team wins!! " All Might shouted.

Bakugo regained consiousness and he realised what happened. They all returned to the observation room to analyse the match. 

Both Izuku and Bakugo were angry due to Uraraka's interference.

" Now tell me students? Who was the MVP of the match?" All Might asked.

Yaoyorozu raised her hand and talked " It was clearly Uraraka. The main reason was that despite Midoriya's selfishness she chose to return to secure the victory. Midoriya and Bakugo only cared about their fight and they didn't care about the exercise at all. As for Iida the only bad thing he did was that he didn't try to plan something with Bakugo."

They were all surprised by that answer. 

" Well done young Yaoyorozu. Now that's the end of today's class. You can return to your dorms." All Might said.

Bakugo and Izuku left both angry. Izuku went to punch some trees. He was more furious than Bakugo. Uraraka came to him.

" Hey, Midoriya." she called him.

" What do you want?' he asked.

" I want to apologize. I know you are furious at me because i interfered in your fight but when i heard the big explosion, i thought that you might got hurt. I was worried. I didn't want you to be harmed." she explained.

Izuku then answered " Yaoyorozu was right. The only thing i cared about was to beat Bakugo. You only did what a hero would do. But you know, i'm tired. I'm tired to be looked down just because i'm quirkless. I want to prove myself. I got more furious because i thought you looked down on me." he said.

" That's not true. I still remember your plan at UA exams. I found it amazing." she said. Izuku turned around to see her smile at him.

" I appreciate that." he said.

" Oh and i wanted to ask something else. Why is Bakugo calling you, deku?" she asked.

" Oh, he just used that nickname to bully me. He was calling me useless the whole time." he explained.

" Oh, I'm sorry. But you know, i find that nickname kinda cute. It reminds me the phrase you can do it." Izuku was surprised by what Uraraka said. He never looked at this nickname that way.

" If you don't mind, can i call you Deku?" Uraraka asked.

Izuku then smiled. " Sure"