Chapter 2 - Secrets

A/N: Surprise! Sorry it has been so long. To be completely honest my life has been shit at the moment, my pain has just been at it's worst since NY and I've really struggled. For three days I have FINALLY been a little less pain and I've been able to write... so mentally I'm feeling good. I also wanted to post because I now have 500 followers on here, thank you!! I SO SO hope you enjoy this chapter and the changes I have made (mwahaha!!) Let me know your thoughts xoxo

------------------------------------------------

MYSTIC FALLS HIGH SCHOOL

Somehow, after many hugs and warnings, Aella, Elena, and Stefan left the Gilbert house to help set up the carnival.

Aella had held Lexi close before they separated ways, "Thank you for being with him."

Lexi smiled into Aella's hair. It was the first time the witch was so serious about what happened, "I came for you too." She pulled Aella back and fixed her with a cold stare, "Don't put him or me through that again. Got it?"

Aella had agreed and watched Stefan and Lexi say their own goodbyes before Lexie sped off, and Stefan drove them to the high school.

As they walked into the school where the first meeting would take place, Alaric was surprised to see them all there. He hurried over to them and raised a brow at Aella, "Aella, hey. Are you sure you're up for this? Elena and I can handle it?"

"I'm fine," Aella smiled simply. She pointed between Elena and Stefan. "Rules are I gotta have one of these with me at all times, but I feel okay." She suddenly smirked, "Plus, it's got me away from Jenna and my Uncle, who has suddenly realized I was keeping a whole lot back when we had our weekly chats."

Ric nodded, "Your uncle is... um?"

"Scarily similar to Aella?" Elena snorted, but it had Ric nodding quickly. "Yes... Just yes."

Aella completely missed the underlying feeling of Ric and Elena's comments, "That's so nice."

An amused Stefan tugged Aella to him, "We should go take a seat and wait for everyone to arrive."

"Such a good plan," Aella nodded and tapped his chest. "So good, I am officially naming you my second person in charge."

"You mean your second-in-command?" Stefan smirked.

"See!" Aella waved her hands in front of him in admiration. "You are so good!"

Stefan laughed and began herding her to the chairs, laid out, "Come on, Boss Lady."

Aella playful bumped her hip with hers, "Ohhh, I like that. Call it me again."

Elena watched them walk away with a smile; she had never been so happy to listen to Aella being Aella.

"So, um..." Ric scratched at his brow. "She's all good?"

"Nate said to keep a close eye on her," Elena informed him. "But yeah, she should be good."

Ric frowned, "And we don't know what caused it?"

Elena shook her head, "No. I spoke with Bonnie and Sheila, who are fine. Tyler texted me about today while Aella was, you know?" Ric nodded, understanding why Elena wouldn't say the words out loud. "And Matt said Caroline was sleeping soundly. There's no one else that Aella's magic could have bonded with."

"If she feels it's too much, just go," Ric told her. "Don't worry about us. We've gotten a lot of volunteers after they heard about Caroline's accident."

"Okay," Elena smiled with thanks.

SHEILA'S HOUSEHOLD

Bonnie pulled up at Sheila's house, happy she still had one relative to spend time with. Things with Aella were still not right, and she had no clue what to do; at least she had her Grams, who was also in the doghouse with Aella.