Chapter 30 - Are you sure you're not the devil in disguise?

SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE

"He'll try," Damon finally spoke, lowly and threateningly. "And he'll fail."

Ric's brow furrowed, "You called Elijah and Klaus, Originals? What does that mean?"

Rose swallowed heavily, "Elijah and Klaus, they're from the old world. Klaus is the first vampire to ever exist."

Ric's eyes widened, and he nodded in thanks at her answering his question. Suddenly, his history degree didn't mean much if someone like Klaus was so old and nothing was known about him in the history books.

"And what about Elijah?" Jenna suddenly asked. When Rose frowned, unsure what she was asking, Jenna continued. "All the way through your story, Klaus and Elijah were together. Is Elijah as bad as Klaus?"

Aella sat straight, smiling widely at Jenna, "That is an excellent question, my horny Aunt. Why? Because we beat Elijah's handsome ass. If he's like Klaus, we've got this wrapped up tighter than Ted Bundy's ass cheeks when he went to prison."

Rose, missing the pop culture reference while others groaned in disgust, grimly shook her head, "No. Elijah is the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal."

Aella seemed to shrink back down with disparity as she pouted, "Well, that's just not fun at all."

"Okay," Elena stood and began pacing. "So you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?"

"Yes."

"Um, No!" Jenna exclaimed in horror at how calmly Elena spoke. "No. Katherine is just saying all this to freak us out. No one is coming."

Damon stood up and moved over to Rose and Stefan, "What she's saying is, if what she's saying is true..."

"Which it is," Rose glared at him.

Damon's eyes glanced over at her, "And you're not saying it, so I don't kill you."

"Which we are not doing!" Aella exclaimed, but Rose and Damon either ignored her or didn't hear her as they faced one another.

"Which I'm not."

"Are you sure?"

"Sure as I am that I can see you are as much of an arsehole as Klaus is."

Caroline leaned close to Aella and sang quietly, "Sexual tension, anyone?"

Almost impressed with Rose, Damon turned back to the group, "We're looking at a solid, maybe Klaus is coming to kill Elena."

Stefan sighed heavily, looking at Elena, "Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows that you exist."

Rose, who seemed to turn into Miss Negative, shrugged, "Not that you know of."

Damon glared down at her, "That's not helping."

Aella, still tucked up against Caroline, scoffed quietly to her best friend, "God! Just rip off each other's clothes already."

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him," Stefan crossed his arms tightly. "I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all we know, he could just be some sort of stupid bedtime story."

"I think that's what Red Riding Hood thought," Aella mused aloud. "Then boom! The big bad wolf is in Granny's clothes, and Granny's chilling in his stomach. God, I bet it stunk in there."

Rose stared utterly bewildered at the teen she saw throw Elijah with a single wave of the hand, and now she was musing what the inside of a wolf's stomach smelt like. She looked between Stefan and Damon, "Is she for real?" The brothers only nodded in sync, and she ignored the baffling teen and continued, "Klaus is real, and he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot."