Chapter 8 - Don't be a sourwolf.

A/N: Get the tissues people...

LOCKWOOD MANSION

Tyler had been silent for a good few minutes until he shook his head with a disbelieving laugh, "No. No way my uncle is a werewolf."

"Yeah," Aella nodded unconvincingly. "That's just what one internet page said; we know the internet has some freaky shit on it. It's not that."

Tyler agreed, but his nodding slowed as he focused on Aella, "Yet at the same time, I'm currently sat next to a witch..."

"...and I am dating a vampire," Aella softly finished for him, her mouth becoming dry.

"What are we going to do?" Tyler asked Aella desperately.

Aella could only shrug, "I think in this case, we turn to the expert, Stiles Stilinski, and ignore the problem until it goes away."

Tyler groaned heavily as he rubbed his face, "Aella, you cannot quote Teen Wolf in this situation."

"Awww, c'mon, Ty," Aella nudged him with a pout. "Don't be a sourwolf." When Tyler glared at her, she smiled awkwardly at him, "Too soon?"

Tyler looked at her in disbelief, "Ya think?" He stood up and began pacing the room, "We've basically just figured out my uncle is a werewolf, and if what he's written there means anything, and from what you've been seeing, I'm pretty sure I'm one too." He turned to Aella despairingly, "I don't want to be a werewolf, Aella. I just want to be a regular teenage boy, worrying if I'm gonna graduate high school, not about turning into a monster at night."

Aella felt awful for Tyler, her eyes going back to the book where Mason had written his thoughts and feelings when they focused on the memory card. She pulled the small piece of plastic out and waved it at Tyler, "Hey?" When he focused on her, she continued, "We could be jumping wayyyyy ahead of ourselves, Mason could be talking about a new fad all the people in Florida are doing. I mean, Ty, those people are nuts! Did you know, every year thousands of 'em stand at the state line and toss dead fish into Alabama... Mason could have been up to anything."

Tyler wasn't convinced but hesitantly nodded and sat down next to her. He took the memory card from her and pushed it into the slot on his laptop. As they waited for the card to load, Tyler glanced over at her, "You don't believe any of that shit you just said to me... do you?"

"Not a thing," Aella shrugged helplessly, and when the folder opened on the screen, she nudged him to click the only file on the memory card. Taking a deep breath, Tyler double-clicked the file, and the two watched as Mason appeared on the screen.

"It's September 15 -- two hours from the first full moon since I triggered the curse."

Tyler and Aella shared a sad glance with each other at his words, and it was Aella who said the words they'd both been internally thinking out loud. "He recorded his first transformation."

Tyler bit his lip as he nodded, "Looks like." He sped up the video and pointed at the screen as it ran through, "That's him doing the bolts for the carabiners."

Aella picked up the book, finger skimming to where Mason wrote about the hooks. When Tyler let the video run, he looked at Aella, "Is that where he drinks the wolf poison?"

Aella looked at the screen and watched with a heavy heart as Mason drank the liquid poison to him, trying all he could do to force the liquid down. "'I diluted wolfsbane with water to weaken myself,'" Aella read aloud from Mason's journal again. "'but I could barely get it down without puking. It felt like I was drinking battery acid.'"

Tyler couldn't handle watching his uncle poison himself and sped the video up again when Tyler stopped it at the 9pm point. The two could only stare in horror as Mason screamed in agony and shouted for help that would not come.