Chapter 22 - Our witch is better than yours

Tyler ran into his dad's office, breathing heavily. He couldn't believe what had just happened. Katherine had just snapped Aimee's spine and then pushed her into his arms; he had to stand there holding Aimee's dead body and pretend nothing was wrong. The jacket that his mother had admired hours ago was torn off. He wanted nothing that had held Aimee's dead body on his body.

"She just killed her," He panted, ignoring the tears as they began to gather.

When he saw his father's alcohol stash, he ignored all the warnings in his head of the consequences of getting completely wasted. Still, then the image of Aimee's terrified face and the feel of her dead body in his arms had him reaching and gulping the potent drink down.

.................................................

.................................................

Katherine happily pulled Caroline upstairs with her, feeding on the fear that the blonde released.

"Why do you keep dragging me into this?" Caroline sobbed. "I don't want any part of it."

Katherine pulled on her blonde hair, "Shut up!" They came to several doors, "Which room is it?"

Caroline shuddered but said nothing. However, when Katherine pulled on her hair with more force, she pointed to the glass doors, "It's that one."

It was pure luck that as Katherine sauntered into the room, she let Caroline go before she too crossed the barrier. She didn't know if it was because of that luck or the fact her acting (which had always been slated) had been fooled; Caroline began to giggle. It was a sound that had Katherine's back straightening as she turned to the giggling blonde.

"I did it!" Caroline wiped the fake tears. "I really didn't think that I'd be able to fool you. Mrs. Hassle said my acting was so boring that I couldn't even entertain a doubt, but I fooled you. I did it!"

Katherine had enough and ran towards Caroline but bounced off the invisible barrier, "What the...?" Suddenly she sensed another presence in the room. "Stefan."

Stefan stepped into her vision, smiling broadly as he twirled the stake in his hand, "Hello Katherine."

Caroline giggled as she waved her fingers, "Goodbye, Katherine."

Katherine ignored her fury at the blonde's gall and stepped towards Stefan, "You don't really think that you can kill me with that now, do you?"

"No," Stefan smirked as Damon silently opened the door behind her, holding the compressed air weapon. Damon lined up his shot as Stefan finished, "But he can."

Damon shot.

GILBERT HOUSEHOLD

"Aghhhhhhhhh!"

Jenna and Ric jumped as Elena's scream echoed the room they were sitting in. Ric jumped up as Elena shot up and began falling to the ground in agony; his eyes widened when the purple shirt she wore became saturated in blood. He whirled his head to Jenna as she watched in fear and confusion, "Call, Aella!"

LOCKWOOD MANSION

Caroline ran towards Aella, giggling, "I did it! She pulled Aella into a hug, "I fooled Katherine."

"And you're not dead," Aella smiled into her best friend's shoulder. Yet when her phone began ringing, she felt an uneasiness overcome her. She had just answered the call, and before she could answer, Ric was screaming down the phone, "Katherine and Elena are connected!" They heard Elena's screams over the phone, "Elena's feeling everything Katherine is."

"I knew it," Aella snarled. She snapped her phone shut and looked at Caroline. "Stop them now." She began running off.

"And where are you going?!" Caroline exclaimed in a panic.