Chapter 46 - Damon is a total vanilla

SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE

"The last movie you saw was in black and white?!"

Aella looked at Rose in total horror, but the vampire hummed. Aella, Rose, and Elena lay upon Stefan's bed, each with face masks, as Rose shared stories of her past. At first, it was a way to get Rose to open up, but as the first hour passed, Rose's hands became too shaky for Elena to paint. So, face masks were reapplied - for extra rejuvenation, Aella had boasted, and the two teens began to pepper Rose more, intrigued by the vampire's past.

"How many times do I have to say," Rose mumbled between slightly opened lips, her mask tightening her face. "I was on the run."

"You haven't been for the past week," Elena pointed out, poking her mask to see if it was dry. When the tip of her finger tapped a wet spot, she stopped.

"So..." Aella hummed, turning on her belly to question the vampire. As she did, she sadly saw the mask melting off Rose's forehead as the vampire began to sweat more. "If you could watch any movie, what would it be?"

Rose hummed happily, "Charlie Chaplin - Modern Times."

Elena opened one eye and confusedly looked at Aella, "Isn't that movie black and white?"

Aella nodded, aghast, "And silent!"

Rose laughed as best as she could with tight areas surrounding her mouth: "It was Trevor's favorite. The machine scene with the soup, corn, and cake made him laugh. I can see his face now and-" She stopped.

Aella, whose smile had grown at the happiness in Rose's voice, grew weary at Rose's sudden silence. Elena sat up as Aella asked, "Rose?"

Tears began growing in Rose's unfocused eyes, "Trevor!" Rose, without warning, shouted in total despair. Her eyes were still unfocused as she sobbed out, "Trevor! My God! Trevor!"

Aella jumped to her knees and began shaking Rose out of her trance, "Rose? Wake up. Rose?"

She got no response as the vampire continued sobbing out Trevor's name. Quickly, Elena jumped off the bed and ran into Stefan's bathroom as Aella continued shouting her name.

"Run, Trevor!" Rose now shouted, obviously stuck in her memories.

Elena ran out with a glass of water just as Rose emitted a terrifying, familiar scream. It had Elena freezing for a split second; that was the scream that had erupted from Rose's mouth after Elijah had beheaded Trevor. Not wanting Rose to go through any more pain, Elena threw the water on the vampire's face, and Rose shot up with a gasp. Immediately, the vampire jumped onto Aella and began sobbing.

Aella rubbed her back gently, avoiding the bite - that was beginning to smell - and looked at Elena sadly. The doppelganger could only shrug as she sat on the bed and took hold of Rose's hand, squeezing it in comfort.

Sadly for them, this was only the beginning, as Rose soon let out a loud "Achoo!"

MYSTIC GRILL

Stefan wondered how much of a stalker he looked as he watched Jules eat her meal; his eyes narrowed at how casual she was acting, despite the fact she'd given Rose a death sentence. He looked down at his phone, the phone that had been on the same screen for the last 20 minutes, the name Isobel in bold at the top, her phone number below it.

Stefan wanted to believe that he was hesitating because of Jules and wanting to keep an eye on her, but really he knew it was to do with Aella. But, of course, she didn't know, and if she did, she'd probably smash his phone at his stupidity. But then he'd remember the panic he went through yesterday and the hurt he'd felt knowing Aella could have prevented it all with a simple phone call.