Another Assassination Attempt

Start from the beginning

"I will do it."

"Good... then stop looking so pitiful. It's unbecoming of you, Ser Jaime."

Aerion decided to move on from the small council chamber, although what had occurred in that room did not leave his mind in the slightest. A pleading Jaime... now that was something he had never seen before. This matter unsettled him greatly, more than ever before.

"I've been looking around for you..." Viserys remarked as he crossed Aerion outside of the small council chamber. "Who would've thought that an Emperor would be so difficult to find?"

"Eh... you look troubled. What happened in there?"

"Do not concern yourself with matters unrelated to you." Aerion walked past Viserys without a second glance.

"Someone is in a bad mood..." Viserys chuckled helplessly once Aerion was further away. "Oh... Ser Jaime? What happened in there, I wonder?"

"... Nothing. Nothing at all."

"It seems to me that there was a conflict between you two... am I correct?"

Jaime gave no answer, proceeding ahead after a long stare.

'Everyone is so cold today... I almost forgot that Aerion took King's Landing today.' Viserys sighed.

~

While Aerion walked around the Royal Apartments and neared the Nursery, old memories began to resurface. Memories of the beginning... when he had first awakened Pyromancy after erupting with pure, unbridled rage. Such rage should not have come from a child... and yet it did. The direct source of all this rage was the Mountain and Amory Loch, both of whom had died during that very same day. However, behind them were the claws of the old yet ever so ruthless Lion of House Lannister. Once Aerion had become aware of this, he swore that he would avenge his fallen siblings.

This was not the first time that his desire for vengeance clashed with Jaime's desire to protect his father. However, it was the very first time Aerion felt a growing distance between them as a result of the matter. If he were to go too far, his decision would most certainly lead to consequences... some that cannot be mended.

His endless sea of thoughts led him to a garden that he had once been so familiar with. It was once his favourite place to rest during more innocent days. He had been so unaware of the raging rebellion around him, believing that it would pass and nothing would change. Oh, how ignorant he had been...

Aerion laid his head against the field of beautiful flowers and looked upwards to the clear blue sky. He fell into a daze shortly after leaving a few souls for protection, letting go of all that troubled him like the passing wind blowing away ash.

~

'There he is...'

After walking past several corridors, a rather tall boy clad in splendid clothing entered the garden with a dagger at the ready. He looked upon the dormant silver-haired Emperor clad in dark, heavy and imposing armour with hesitation. However, despite his fear of the man before him, he kept moving closer... one step at a time.

'I'll kill him... and end this.'

His steel-like eyes focused on Aerion's neck once he closed the distance. It seemed almost too easy... how could there not be a single guard within the garden? Artos did not pay much mind to this, having his eyes focused on the enemy and nothing else. This was the dragonspawn who had threatened his and his father's legitimacy for so long... but that was not all. He crushed his father in battle and left a humiliating Targaryen mark on his face, emptied the Crown's treasury and even took his sister prisoner for over a year. In his view, Aerion Targaryen was the most malicious villain of them all.