I looked around the room, only to find eyes on me again. They weren't paying much attention to the general. Why are they looking at me like that?

"Tell us, General Bumi," the president of Republic City, President Raiko, interrupted the general, "why aren't we attacking now?"

"We got the Avatar already, and we've waited long enough for her. We must waste no time, my army is ready." One of the kings from the Earth Kingdom declared.

"While we are talking here, innocent lives are at stake. We are wasting our precious time." A woman who seemed like a queen from the Earth Kingdom said.

"She's right." The chief from the Southern Water Tribe agreed. "After all those time we've wasted, I reckon you have mastered all four elements, including the Avatar State," then he turned his head to me, "right, Avatar Juli?"

I was frozen on my seat. I kept staring at the air in front of me. Unable to move, unable to breathe, or speak up.

"With the Avatar State, we could easily win against the witch. Something that the Fire Nation didn't have before, which led them to their defeat." One of the Council of Elders, from the Eastern Air Temple, followed.

I haven't.

I could barely invoke my past lives to talk to them. Let alone invoking the Avatar State.

"The Avatar had done everything she could to prepare herself for the war."

It was Yuta who spoke on my behalf. I never felt this much shame before.

"That sounds wonderful, Son of Zeus." The previous queen said. "But the real question is, is she ready to lead us all?"

Then the entire room broke the silence and began to whisper to one another.

Jaehyun slid his hand on top of mine, and squeezed my palm for reassurance.

"Silence!" General Bumi pounded his thick wooden pointer on the stage.

"But how about the demigod? He is injured, how is he any good to us?" A king said.

"He won't be joining us." The chief of the North declared.

Whispers were heard around the room again.

"What?!" Another general with Earth Kingdom uniform said. "What about the Two Heroes Prophecy—"

"Are we really gonna let a prophecy, which is not even from this world, determine the fate of our world, General Wang?" The chief retorted.

The generals and the leaders continued to bicker amongst each other.

But then I felt something weird. There was a tingling sensation behind my neck, and the temperature dropped even more.

Then I was sure of it when I saw Hendery too, across the room, rubbing the back of his neck uncomfortably.

Something was approaching.

"Yuta," I gasped as I nudged his arm.

The fire torches around the room extinguished one by one, leaving the room dark.