🪐𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕜 𝕄𝕪 𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕚𝕕𝕖🪐

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕨𝕠

🪐

"Alright this is Eagle leader, prepare for check in

"Alright this is Eagle leader, prepare for check in. Sound off." And thus began the exchange of attendance of each Eagle. "Eagle one checking in." "Eagle two checking in." Kira waited patiently for her turn as her plane climbed through the atmosphere. "Eagle seven checking in." She finally said once it was her turn. She hummed along faithfully to the song she was listening to with her Walkman tucked snugly into her jumper and headphones pressing tightly against her ears underneath her flight helmet. She had turned off her radio to tower and the other Eagles so she wouldn't get caught listening to the music. Break My Stride played loudly in her ears as she followed the Eagle Leader. She couldn't focus without music, it was just essential to her. She had made at least three or four mixtapes of her favorite songs for her to listen to while she was doing basic tasks or even routine training missions.

🪐

The clouds were dark and menacing but once the group got above them they were faced with nothing but a clear sky. Kira sighed happily. This was home to her, up in the clouds where the sky was the purest shade of blue and the air was thin. She loved it up here. She was so lost in the wild blue yonder and her music that she didn't hear her name being called over the radio. "Eagle seven," The voice called over and over again. She didn't respond and the leader of her squad had it with her silence. "KIRA STACEY!" He shouted loud enough over the radio to make her ears ring. She snapped back into focus and that's when she noticed she was the only plane of her squadron still above the clouds. "I- Uh- this is Eagle seven reporting in!" She said and she could hear the snickers of the other Eagles on the radio. "Where are you? We dove back into the storm a while ago and your plane is the only one missing." "Eagle leader I-" "You didn't sneak your walkman onto another training session did you?" He asked Kira froze. She was caught red handed. "You did, didn't you?" she didn't respond. "Eagle Seven I am officially ordering you to ground your plane. You are disqualified from this training session and will have to complete it on your own at fifteen hundred hours. Do you understand?" Kira sighed, disappointed in herself. "Yes sir."

🪐

"You just had to do it, didn't you?" Kira's best friend, Chelsea, asked as Kira removed her flight helmet. "Chels, please, don't patronise me." Kira replied as she placed her helmet under her bed in the bunk she and Chelsea shared in their barracks. Chelsea wasn't an Eagle, or not yet anyways. She was still training to join the elite squad of flyers. Kira pressed her fingers against the winged pin she had on her leather jacket located just above the american flag patch on the left side. Her wings, she had barely earned them. She was the youngest member of the Eagle squadron being just twenty years old. "You wanted so badly to be a part of the Eagles, well, being one of them requires no careless mistakes, and no fooling around. Isn't that what you told me two years ago when you were so obsessed with becoming an Eagle?" Chelsea said with a smirk as she crossed her arms over her chest. "I know, I know. It was stupid thing to do. It won't happen again swear. And don't tell Jones, okay? He'll kill me if he finds about." "Oh I don't think you'll have to worry about me telling him. Worry more about your Eagle leader." Kira's face paled. For some reason she hadn't thought about that. "Then I'll report early and complete the training exercise now." "Now?!" Chelsea shrieked. "Kira the storm has started and it's been pouring down rain since you came in. You cannot be serious." "I am. Besides the training required storm prepping. I'll be fine." "Oh sure, that's what everyone says before they do something incredibly stupid and end up not fine!" "Chels, I'm serious. Just don't worry about it." "Easier said then done."