🪐𝕎𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕄𝕖 𝕌𝕡 𝔹𝕖𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝔾𝕠 𝔾𝕠🪐

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕟𝕖
🪐

Kira sighed as she finished polishing the side of the visor of her General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon

Kira sighed as she finished polishing the side of the visor of her General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon. As a loyal member of the United States Air Force, she did this task almost daily. Her F-16, or "Sniper" as she had named it, was her pride and joy and the plane assigned to her. Clipped to the waist of her jumper was her Walkman with a mixtape she made herself with her favorite songs. She currently was listening to Wake Me Up Before You Go Go as she wiped away the dirt from her last mission on the visor or her plane. "Stacey." Her commander called from behind her, but being so focused on her plane and the music she didn't hear her name being called. "Stacey." Her officer called her again by her last name. Again still nothing. Her commander sighed, this wasn't an unusual occurrence. "STACEY." He yelled this time causing Kira to yelp as she slipped from the top of the plane, barely managing to catch herself before she fell onto the concrete. "Yes sir!" She instantly replied, going to a clumsy attention and saluting her commanding officer. Commander Jones sighed. "Kira," he said, his voice softening a little. "Please be more careful around the F-16's. You know how dangerous they are." "Yes sir!" Kira replied as she jumped down from the plane and stood at attention before Jones. Her headphones for her Walkman had been swiftly removed from her ears and she held them tightly at her side, the music still playing loudly through them. "I wanted to tell you about the new training mission for you and the other Eagles." The Eagles, or the Edward AirForce Base Eagles, were the most esteemed flyers to come out of Edward AirForce Base in Californian. And somehow, Kira Stacey was one of them. "Yes sir?" She asked, easing a bit. "At ease, cadet." Commander Jones told her and she relaxed her form. "The exercise for today will require you to fly during a storm." Kira looked up at the sky which she noticed had been growing darker all morning. The clouds were menacingly dark and thick. It looked as if there was going to a storm today, a bad one. "You will need to complete a successful round of the base in the storm without failure." That seemed like a rather intense exercise. But Kira was confident she could handle it. She could fly anything at any time, it was her gift. "Sounds easy." She said with a cocky grin. "I'm sure I'll be fine." She added. Jones sighed. "One can only hope."

🪐

Kira crawled into the cockpit of her plane "Sniper" and she prepared for her training mission with the rest of her squad. Her cool grey flight suit covered her body and she held her flight helmet under her arm as she swung one leg over the other into the snug cockpit. She still had her signature Walkman clipped to her hip, just in case things got boring and she would need to listen to some music while in the air. It was a hobby of hers and one that constantly got her in trouble with her commander. Once situated, she put her black bone dome on her head, it's dark visor dimmed most light but that wouldn't be a problem once in the air. She reached up and pulled her visor down, sealing her inside the cockpit and began her routine inspections before take off. Her auxiliary fuel pump was off, her flight controls were free and correct, instruments and radios were checked and prepped, her altimeter was set, her fuel gauges were checked and appropriate, her trim was set, and most importantly her seatbelt was fastened.

🪐

"Tower to Eagles. Are you boys ready to get off the ground?" A voice came through her radio and Kira grinned as she flipped a few more switches, allowing the small plane to come to life. "Boys?" She asked in response, a hint of a playful tone in her voice and the voice on the other end laughed. "Right, boys and our one lady." Kira laughed with them. "You are all clear to taxi down the runway." The voice on the radio instructed. "Good. Thank you tower." Another voice said through the radio. "Eagle squad this is Eagle leader we are clear to head out in formation. Begin taxi." Kira grasped the yoke firmly with both hands and began to taxi her plane down the runway with the other planes, assembling in formation. "This is tower to eagles, you are clear for take off." At that command the eagles began revving their engines, being sure they were all fully functional. "This is Eagle leader. Begin take off."