Choosing Fate .:1:.

Start from the beginning

“Light! Give me some light!” she shouted desperately.

Wait her phone! Her bag! She always kept spare shoes in there in case the ones she currently wore got dirty; in this case she was in bare feet.

She twisted around yet the direction never changed as she continued to zip off along the river of water.

“Give me my bag Darryl or I’ll scream like the bitch I can be!” she hollered.

Something slammed into her face, causing her to almost fall if the water hadn’t been holding her tightly.

She jerked around, hastily opening her bag when the water stopped and she flew out of it, skidding across the dusty earth.

“You bastards,” she snarled, picking herself up and felt several grazes on her elbows.

Ignoring the slight sting, she pulled out her phone and was triumphant to find a pair of converse and flats inside.

Quickly shoving on the flats, she braced herself as her uncle and Darryl rammed into her back, causing the trio to fly forwards.

“I’m going to get you guys for this!” she yelled.

A sudden bright light engulfed them and soon all they could hear was silence along with Emerie’s scream piercing it, wrecking their eardrums.

It seemed like ages before the light disappeared but suddenly they were falling.

“DEXTER!” Darryl shouted, summoning up water from wherever he could feel plantation.

Dexter didn’t reply, forcing his eyelids open as they shot forward yet they remained parallel and soaring above the ground by several feet ;barely two metres above it!

Dexter waved his arm and roots shot up from nowhere, slamming the two siblings into a thick net made purely of roots.

Dirt stained Emerie’s face as she groaned with pain from the impact, landing on her knees on . . . grass.

The roots slid back into the ground like snakes, as though they hadn’t been there at all.

“Where the hell are we?” she snapped.

He rolled his brilliant . . . blue eyes.

She let out a gasp, stumbling backwards and let out a scream. “WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!”

“Oh shut up Emerie,” Darryl snapped, picking himself up.

He raked a hand through his black hair and suddenly it rippled.

Emerie’s jaw dropped as she watched her brother’s hair ripple into the colour of -

“Your hair is blue!” she screeched. “You’re not my brother! Who the hell are you?!”

“Language,” Dexter snapped, pulling himself to his feet. “Jesus! You’re so loud! Emerie we’re safe!”

“Not until I get some answers!” she shouted. “I want answers before I scream until your eyes pop!”

She tilted her head back, mouth wide open and ready to scream when they tried to make a move.

“Who are you?” she shouted.

“I’m your brother!” Darryl shouted back.

He looked around and sighed with relief when he realised that they were alone in a clearing in a forest that he knew too well; Travelling Trees.

Which only meant one thing; they were in the Earth Kingdom.

“Jesus please Emerie calm down and you’ll get your answers!” Darryl shouted, arms shooting up.