Chapter 45: Confession

Start from the beginning

"Is something bothering you?" He asked. He was getting more perspective of her emotions recently and it had really been messing with her heart.

"We'll talk about it later, okay? Right now I just want to take a nap," she said.

"Back to the Pokemon Center then?" He asked. She nodded.

When they got back to their room, May fell asleep almost immediately. She needed to escape from what had just happened and the stress of the situation. Unfortunately, her nap wasn't pleasant as she had hoped.

She dreamed about Drew leaving and going home. She would never see him again. Their goodbye was brief and unemotional, but once he disappeared, she broke down crying. She didn't have the guts to tell him that she wanted him to stay or how she felt. When she woke up, she realized the scary reality that her dream proposed. Staying quiet about her feelings and losing him forever. She didn't want that at all. She opened her eyes and sat up, the covers pooling on her lap as she held her face in her hands.

"What's wrong?" Drew asked from across the room, on his bed. He set down the magazine he was reading and she felt her bed dip where he sat down.

"Just a bad dream," she said quietly.

"Was it about today?" He asked curiously. She shook her head.

"Oh, what was it about then?"

"It just made me realize that I should do something that I decided that I wasn't because I didn't want to be selfish. But now, I just... I don't even know if I have the courage to do it. If I don't,

I know I'll regret it," she explained. He nodded along.

"I just... I can't take it anymore! Drew, I like you!" She confessed as tears began to blur her vision.

"W-What?" He asked, in disbelief. She removed her hands from her face to see him staring at her, eyes widened and mouth slightly agape.

"I can't keep trying to pretend I don't feel this way about you. I didn't want to get my hopes up, after all, after this contest season, you're going back home and I don't know if I'll ever see you again," she cried as she continuously wiped at the tears that kept spilling out. She let out a small gasp when he grabbed her wrists to pull her hands away from her face.

"What are you-" the rest of her sentence died as Drew pressed his lips against hers. She was frozen in shock for a moment before resting a hand on his shoulder and tangling the other in his hair. She pulled him forward, even closer to her as he deepened the kiss and brought his hand up to gently cup her cheek. His other hand held onto her waist. When they finally broke away, he brought his other hand to her face to wipe away her tears with the pads of his thumbs.

"I like you too," he admitted and May's heart swelled in happiness.

"But," he said tightly as he began to choke up.

"We can't be together," he said as he began to unravel. It was the most emotional she had ever seen him.

"Why?" She asked. It felt like her heart was being crushed by the weight of his statement.

"I wouldn't be able to leave you! It would hurt me too much. This was why I tried not to get too attached to people in the first place," he said as she saw the first tear he ever cried in front of her slide down his face.

"Then don't go!" She pleaded.

"I can't keep running from my life forever May!" He exclaimed.

"I know, I know. I'm being selfish. But is it too much to ask to spend what time we have left together. Do you want this to be what could've been or something that we got to share together?" She asked.

"I just can't. I'm already too attached to you enough as it is. I don't want to hurt even more when we have to say goodbye. It's just too painful," he said, with no room to further the argument. She just sobbed instead and wrapped her arms around him. She cried into his shoulder as he held her.

"I wish it didn't have to be this way. I really do want to be with you," He said quietly as he soothingly rubbed her back.

"I don't want to hear it anymore, I know," she whispered into his shoulder, clenching her fists into the fabric of his shirt tighter. It was just so unfair. She really wished they could be together for the time she had left with him, it seemed as though she wasn't going to be able to convince him of letting that happen though. If only he had been born to another family. She just had to fall for the guy who was so close yet so far out of her reach.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-A/N-

Um, yeah so this was the chapter I was waiting for XD not sure if I'm completely happy with it but I hope you guys liked it regardless or hate me because of what I did. I've been waiting to get to this chapter for so freaking long and now that I'm here I'm like, wow, so this is it finally written out.

The plot is only going to get worse from here. It's a bit stupid so don't kill me okay XD you'll just have to see what dumbness ensues. Anyways, until next time,

YouDontKnowShipping