Show Tunes ~ Yorkcali

This is somewhat based my headcanons, but I changed the song.

New York singing = Bold

California singing = Italized

Everyone had gone out for something. Massachusetts and Pennsylvania went on a double date with Maryland and Connecticut. Louisiana, Florida, Texas, Georgia, Wisconsin, Colorado, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Ohio Iowa, and Kansas found a theme park to go to. North Dakota and Minnesota went to the park and coffee shop uptown. Utah went to visit his family. Alaska went to visit Hawaii. And the rest of the states were doing something that New York couldn't remember. All he knew was that he was alone.

He's laying on his bed scrolling through Instagram while listening to show tunes but singing louder than the music. The song changes to 'Don't Lose Your Head'

"Grew up in the French Court. Oui, oui, bonjour. Life was a chore so." New York started singing a long. He thought that he heard someone else sing, "She set sail." but he brushed it off thinking that it was his imagination. "1522 came straight to the UK
All the British dudes, lame. Epic fail."

California was in his room. Their rooms are right beside each other's at the walls are thin.

"Ooh, I wanna dance and sing. Politics, not my thing. Ooh, but then I met the King. And soon my daddy said, "You should try and get ahead". He wanted me, huh, obviously. Messaging me like everyday. Couldn't be better, then he sent me a letter and who am I kidding. I was prêt-à-manger. Ooh, sent a reply. Ooh, just saying hi. Ooh, you're a nice guy. I'll think about it maybe, xo baby. Uh oh here we go."

"You sent him kisses." California singing.

New York hears it but thinks that it's his imagination, "I didn't know I would move in with his misses."

"What?"

"Get a life."

"You're living with his wife."

"Like, what was I meant to do? Sorry, not sorry 'bout what I said. I'm just tryna have some fun. Don't worry, don't worry, don't lose your head. I didn't mean to hurt anyone. LOL, say oh well. Or go to hell. I'm sorry, not sorry 'bout what I said. Don't lose your head. Three in the bed and the little one said. If you wanna be wed, make up your mind. Her or me, chum. Don't wanna be some. Girl in a threesome. Are you blind? Ooh, don't be bitter. Ooh, 'cause I'm fitter. Ooh, why hasn't it hit her? He doesn't want to bang you. Somebody hang you. Uh oh here we go."

"You're comment went viral."

"I didn't really mean it, but rumours spiral."

"Wow Anne, way to make the country hate you."

"Mate, what the fuck was that?" New York says, now knowing that that wasn't his imagination. He turns off the music. He gets up and walks to the bathroom and goes to California's room through the bathroom. He finds Cali laying on his bed smiling.

"You're a good singer." California says. "I won't tell anyone. Not like any of them talk to me but I won't tell them."

"Thanks." New York says, his face is as red as his hat.

"You should do it more often."

"Not around people."

"So, I'm never gonna hear you sing again?"

"Yeah." New York says before turning to walk away.

"Wait." California says.

New York turns around, "What?"

"Will you stay in here with me?" Cali asks. "Please?"

"Fine," New York says and lays next to the Golden State.

California looks over at New York. He can't help but stare. The focused look on his face Cali can't help but find him hot.

New York can feel California looking at him. He looks over at California. "What?"

"I'm s-sorry, yo-you're j-just. N-nevermind."

"No, what were you going to say?" New York asks.

"Nothing."

"Tell me."

"You're really hot."

"You clearly haven't seen me with my hat off."

"Well, now I want to."

"No you don't."

"Come on why not?"

"I don't like my hair."

"Why? I can't be that bad."

"It is."

"Let him see."

"No."

"Please?" California asks with a puppy dog eyes, "I won't judge."

"Fine." New York says then takes his hat off to reveal messy curls.

"I love your hair." Cali reaches out to touch his hair but gets his hand slapped away. "Ok I won't touch it."

"I don't like it."

"I like it. You're cute with your hair showing."

"Stop." New York says with a serious tone.

"Why I'm jus-oh." California interrupts his own sentence. "You're scared to get your feelings hurt so you push everyone who tries to show you affection away. Now you're love deprived."

"What makes you think that?"

"Because I've been there, trust me, I know." California explains. "But, New York, I'm not going to hurt you. Let me show you affection, let me love you."

"You're right." New York says, he has tears in his eyes. California pulls him into a hug. New York tenses but relaxes and hugs back a few seconds later.

California pulls away and looks New York in the eyes. He puts his hand on the side of the Empire State's face. "I'll show you love, you just have to let me in." Cali leans his face toward New York's.

New York gives him a small nod. California presses his lips to New York's. New York puts him closer and kisses him back harder. They both pull away at the same time. "I love you." New York says.

"I love you, too."