Slingshot ~ Teen!Louisiana x Teen!Florida

1764

Florida and Louisiana are sitting on Georgia's porch. Louie is showing Florida some weapon that he made.

"What is that?" Florida asks.

"I'm calling it a... slingshot." Louisiana responds. "It's made of wood, flax, and leather."

"What does it do?"

"It's like a catapult, but hand held." Louisiana pulls a rock out of his satchel and places it on the leather square. "You pull it back then let go, you could kill a small animal with it." He demonstrates..

"Cool," Florida says in awe.

Louisiana stares at the awe-stricken colony in admiration. He has had feelings for the boy for a while but is too afraid to tell him. Louie stands up, "I better get going home, I have to be home by next week."

"Oh okay, farewell. Be careful." Florida says.

"Florida, I have something to tell you." Louisiana says.

"Yeah, sure, anything." Florida says with a smile.

That smile makes Louie feel as if he is going to melt. "I've been told many times that I'm not supposed to, but I like you. I like you more than a friend."

"I like you too." Florida responds.

Louisiana puts his slingshot down, he cups Florida's face. He presses his lips to Florida's, Florida kisses him back.

Georgia walks out of his house and sees them, "Children, children, children."

Florida and Louie instantly pull away and look over at Georgia. They both jump to their feet, Florida has a scared look on his face, "Papa, it's not w-"

"You could have at least gotten a room," Georgia interrupts Florida. He looks at Florida, "Florida, have you done your chores?"

"No, papa," Florida says and looks down.

"Don't give me that look, I'm not going to beat you if you don't get them done. Just please get them done today." Georgia says and turns to walk away but stops in the doorway and turns around, "And Louisiana, you might want to get going, I wouldn't want your mother to be mad at."

"Yes, sir, I was just about to leave."

"Safe travels." Georgia turns to walk back inside, "I'm going back inside and my back will be turned, bid your farewells however you'd like." He says then walks back inside.

Florida throws his arms around Louisiana's neck and kisses him. Louie kisses him back and wraps his arms around Florida's waist.

They pull apart, Louie smiles at Florida, "I best get going." He grabs his slingshot runs off towards the treeline. He turns around and waves to Florida, Flo waves back. Louisiana turns and runs into the woods.

Florida runs off to finish his choirs, by the time that he finishes it's almost sundown. He runs inside, Georgia already has dinner ready and on the table. "Papa, I finished my chores." He sits down at the table.

"Good job," Georgia replies. They say their prayers before they start eating. Once they finish their dinner they wash their dishes.

"Papa, you're not mad, are you?" Florida asks.

"What do I have to be mad about?" Georgia asks. "You mean, you and Louisiana? I don't care, if you love him then I don't care, whatever makes you happy."

"Thank you, papa." Florida says then hugs his father.

"Your welcome."