I Don't Want To Hate You Anymore - Texahoma

It's that time of year, tornado season. The worst time of year for Oklahoma. He'll get headaches and wake up covered in bruises. This time it was worst. He has a terrible migraine and everything hurts. Trying to hold tears back, but fails miserably, he makes his way down the corridor. He tries to make it to his room, he can feel his legs about to give out. He reaches Texas's room. Ugh Texas the state he hates most. Texas walks out of his room.

"Get outta my way." Texas says and tries to push Oklahoma out of the way, but Oklahoma grabs the larger state's arm, trying to regain balance. The Sooner State finally stands upright only to fall again. He collapses into Texas's arms. Almost taking Texas down with him.

Texas may hate the state that just fell into his arms but he doesn't lack empathy. He's had bad tornadoes too, he knows how it feels. He does his best to keep Oklahoma up right. Texas groans then picks Oklahoma up bridal style and brings him to the said state's room. Texas lays the sooner state on the said state's bed.

Oklahoma's breathing is heavy, he's tense and his teeth are clentched from pain. Texas debates whether he should just leave, stay or go get Oklahoma some aspirin. He hates this state but he doesn't want to see anyone in the condition that Oklahoma is currently in. Texas decides to go get Oklahoma some medicine then leave. Texas turns to exit but the other state grabs his hand. "Please, stay." Oklahoma whimpers. Texas can hear the vulnerability in the other state's voice.

"Relax, I'm just going to get ya some aspirin." Texas says then takes Oklahoma's hat off and tosses it on the side table before leaving the room. Oklahoma isn't sure if the Lone Star State is coming back or not but he doubts that Texas is actually coming back. But to his surprise Texas walks back to the room with a bottle of aspirin and a glass of water. He closing the door behind him and walks over to Oklahoma's bed and sits on the edge on the bed. Texas help the Sooner State sit up, he hands Oklahoma a couple pills and the glass. After taking the aspirin, Oklahoma hand the glass back to Texas and lays back down. Texas puts the glass on the side table and turns to walk away but is stop the the other state.

"Will you stay?" Oklahoma asks weakly.

"Fine." Texas says and takes his hat off and places it on the side table then lays down beside the Sooner State, Texas wipes the other state's tears away. Oklahoma buries his face into Texas's chest. They both feel something. Something that's over taking their hatred for each other. Can you love and hate someone at the same? Is that even possible? Maybe they never really hated each other. Maybe it was just sexual tension.

After twenty minutes the migraine stops and the aching dies down. Oklahoma relaxes and falls asleep in the Lone Star State's arms.

The next morning Oklahoma wakes up covered in bruises and still being held by Texas, their legs are tangled together. Oklahoma stares at Texas's sleeping form in admiration. Who would have thought that this would ever happen. Texas and Oklahoma. Maybe Texas only felt bad for him. But Oklahoma couldn't deny the feeling that he now feels for the state next to him. He runs his fingers through Texas's hair.

Texas's eyes flutter open then go wide when he realized who's laying next to him. Texas jumps up out of bed and grabs his hat. "Let's forget that that ever happened." Texas says and turns.

Oklahoma jumps up out of bed, "Texas, wait."

"What?" Texas asks.

Oklahoma says nothing. He just smashes his lips onto Texas's. Texas's eyes widen then close as he starts to kiss back. Texas pulls away after realizing what he was doing.

"What the hell was that?" Texas asks with slight anger in his voice.

"I-I don't want to hate you anymore," Oklahoma says.

"Neither do I." Texas whispers.

"Then don't." Oklahoma says and takes a step closer to Texas. Texas closes the gab between them and pulls Oklahoma against him.

South Dakota walked towards Oklahoma's room to tell him that breakfast was ready. He opens the door to find Oklahoma and Texas making out. "What the fu-"