Mr Loverman ~ Yorkcali

California has seceded, leaving everyone behind, including New York. He told New York before he seceded then a week later he was out of the statehouse. New York tries his hardest not to cry around anyone but as soon as he got to his room he let the tears fall.

I'm headed straight for the floor
The alcohol served its tour
And it's headed straight for my skin
Leaving me daft and dim

He doesn't want to be alone but he doesn't want anyone to see him cry either. He wants to forget everything that happened or turn back time and convince California to stay.

I've got this shake in my legs
Shaking the thoughts from my head
But who put these waves in the door?
I crack and out I pour

Massachusetts knocks on New York's door, "Yorkie, are you okay?"

"Go away." New York says.

"Not until you let me in."

"The door's unlocked."

Massachusetts opens the door to see New York on the door with his knees pulled to his chest, crying. Mass pulls him into a hug.

"I miss him so much." New York says while crying with his face on Massachusetts's shoulder.

I'm Mr. Loverman
And I miss my lover, man
I'm Mr. Loverman
Oh, and I miss my lover

He thinks about California and how he would run his fingers through his hair. How he could make him smile with a single word. How he would crawl into his bed when couldn't sleep.

The ways in which you talk to me
Have me wishin' I were gone
The ways that you say my name
Have me runnin' on and on

He wishes that he was gone too. He just wants to be with California again. Does California even care how this world leave New York feeling?

Oh, I'm cramping up
I'm cramping up
But you're cracking up
You're cracking up

California presses his back against the door and slides down it. He holds his knees to his chest and cries with his face on his knees.

I'm Mr. Loverman
And I miss my lover, man
I'm Mr. Loverman
Oh, and I miss my lover

He misses New York. He couldn't stand how he was treated by the other states. Maybe he should have listened to New York.

I've shattered now, I'm spilling out
Upon this linoleum ground (Mr. Loverman)
I'm reeling in my brain again
Before it can get back to you (Mr. Loverman)
Oh what am I supposed to do without you?

He had everything he needed with New York. But instead of looking for a reason to stay he found a reason to leave when the reason to stay was sitting right in front of him.

I'm Mr. Loverman
And I miss my lover, man (I miss my lover)
I'm Mr. Loverman (oh-oh)
Oh, and I miss my lover (Mr. Loverman)

Is it too late to turn back and become a state again? Would he even be excepted back? He doesn't know what to do. He wants to run back to New York but he knows that he can't.

I'm Mr. Loverman (oh-oh)
And I miss my lover, man
I'm Mr. Loverman
And I miss my lover

Is it too late for New York to find California and get him to come back? Would he even be able to convince him to come back? He doesn't know what to do. He wants to run to California but he knows he can't.