See Ya In The Funny Pages ~ Massachusetts x Maryland

For alligatorinfestation

Mass had to leave the statehouse for a few days, he kissed his boyfriend, Maryland, bye, "I'll be back in a few days, okay, baby."

"Okay, see ya in the funny pages." Maryland says with a laugh.

Mass just shakes his head, "You're weird."

"I love you too, hon."

Mass smiles before leaving the house. Maryland walks down the hallway. He spots Massachusetts' room, he opens the door, the room is pitch black. Mary flips the light switch on, he's been in Mass' room a hundred times but this time was different. Massachusetts wasn't there. He breathes in the familiar scent.

Maryland rummages through Mass' stuff. Mary opens Mass' closet, he smiles then grabs Mass's sweatshirt. Maryland puts the sweatshirt on before plopping on Mass' bed. After laying there for a few minutes he gets bored, Maryland gets up and walks to his room. He grabs his laptop before going back to Mass' room. He lay back down on Mass' bed, he opens his laptop and his tab is still on Parks and Recreation.

He presses the space button and the show starts playing. The next thing he knows, he's being called to come get dinner. Maryland walks into the dinning room where everyone else is. They're having ribs that South Carolina barbequed and Idaho's mashed potatoes.

After thirty minutes of some incoherent chattering and a few fights between the northeast, everyone had finished eating. Tonight was Mary's night to do dishes, usually Mass helps him, but Mass isn't here. Maryland didn't realize how much he misses Mass until now. Louisiana walks into the kitchen, "Need help, sha?"

"If you will." Maryland responds. After they finish washing the dishes Mary turns to Louie. "Thanks for helping me."

"Sure, that's what friends are for, sha." Louie smiles, "Ya wanna watch a movie with me and Florida?"

"Sure, why not? Not like I have anything better to do." Maryland responds and walks with Louisiana down the hallway, "What are we watching?"

"Florida wants to watch Deadpool, so I guess Deadpool." Louie responds then opens Florida's door.

Florida stands up as the door opens, he just finished putting the disc in the DVD player, "Mary! You're joining!" Florida jumps onto his bed, Louie sits beside him. Maryland ends up sitting on the floor which he is totally fine with.

After the movie's over, Maryland goes back to Massachusetts' room to grab his laptop. When he walks into the room, he immediately misses Mass more. Mass' scent fills the room, it gives Mary a sense of security. He decides to just stay in Mass' room tonight. He continues watching Parks and Rec, the next thing he knows, it's already past 3am. He shuts his laptop and goes to sleep.

Maryland wakes up the next morning, well day, it's already 3pm. Maryland gets up and gets a bag of pop tarts only to bring them back to Mass' room to eat them.

Two days later Massachusetts comes back, he walks down the hallway. He sees that his door is cracked, hoping that one of the states didn't get into his room, he pushes his door open. He smiles when he sees Maryland asleep in his bed. Mass quietly pushes the door closed, he crawls into bed beside Mary. Mass wraps his arms around his boyfriend.

Maryland's eyes flutter open and he looks up at Massachusetts. "Massie, you're back!" He buries his face in Mass' chest, "I love you, Massie."

"I love you, too, Mary."