Chapter 75

I broke free of their chains and instead of lashing out I defended myself. If and when they tried to kill me I would defend myself. That was now 3 ghouls dead and yet, they kept coming.
I jumped up to kick a ghoul and They grabbed my leg.
"This once happened to a friend. I got this from him" I said as I twisted my leg around kicked whoever the ghoul was away. When I landed on my feet, my now broken leg spun back into place. "Stop!" someone shouted. I turned my head to face the person. "She's undergone the torture Jason experienced. She's far too strong. Leave her alone." He said walking over.
"Taiga I would really like it if you could join us" he said.
"Sorry Uta" I said pulling the mask off. "I don't join traitors"
"No. It was a test of your abilities. Kaneki has a weakness, you. Hinami is no longer a weakness of yours so you are therefore stronger then him. Me and Itori had no business in hurting you. accept our sincerest apologies and join us."
"You tried to kill me"
"And you killed many of our men." Itori said walking forward lowering her hood and taking off her mask. She held her hand out. "What do you say, call it truce and join us?"
I smiled. "You mean join you and be at the bottom? No thanks"
"Who said you'd be at the bottom" Itori smiled.
"What would I be?"
"Co-ordinater. You control what we do and how we do it. Run it by me and uta we'll run it by the boss."
"So I'm under you two but above all of these"
"Yes."
"Okay fair enough." I smiled and shook her hand. "Truce. And i'll join you"
She put her hand on my shoulder and smiled.
"Good choice." She smiled.
"Okay everyone listen up!" She shouted. "fall back. Taiga is no longer on our list, she's on our team."
Everyone then began to run off. I was left standing alone. I sighed and began walking home when I walked past a restaurant. I could see Eiji and Daiki so I smiled to myself and walked in. They didn't see me so I walked straight over to their little booth and sat down next to Eiji.
"What the-" he said turning around to look at me.
"Oh Hana" he said smiling at Daiki.
"Hello. What's up?" I asked resting my head in my hands.
"Ask Daiki" he said smiling. I turned my face to look at him.
"Nothing is up." He said turning around as if he was looking for someone.
"Right have I interrupted a date or something." I asked raising an eyebrow.
"Hana look-" Daiki started.
"Why is she here?" Someone asked.
"Oh god" I muttered. I stood up. "I'm gonna go. Have fun boys and Ayumi." I said pushing past her. She put her hand on my shoulder and spun me around.
"Don't you ever touch me again"
I laughed and pushed her. "I'm not scared of you." I said, still expressionless.
"Well you should be" she said pushing me, be with me being a ghoul and stronger then her, I didn't budge. I tilted my head and sighed. I grabbed Daiki's drink an took a sip and put it back down. Her face riddled with jealousy anger and yet slight intimidation.
"Oh one more thing" I said. I pushed her out of the way and sat next to Daiki. I put both hands on his face before pulling him in for a kiss. I moved away and looked at her.
"See you later lads. Do it again sometime eh?"
I said walking out.
"Hana wait?" Someone shouted. I turned around to see Daiki running out after me. "did you kiss me to piss her off or because you like me? You obviously know how I feel towards you."
I looked at him and walked towards him. I grabbed his arm and dragged him to the side of the building out of sight.
"I did it to piss her off" I said. He sighed and went to walk away so I grabbed his arm. "And because you are really cool. I like you." I said letting him go. He smiled and went to kiss me so I moved away.
"I like you but I can't do this. You don't know me at all"
"Yes I do your name's Hana. Your an 18 year old girl."
"No. My name is Taiga. I'm a nineteen year old ghoul. I don't go killing people I'm a cannibal. I did kill people and I was wanted my the investigators. I have undergone extensive torture hence why my face is as blank as a sheet of paper. But you already knew that didn't you."
He looked at me and sighed. "How did you know"
"I'm not stupid. Like my niece I have a good sense of smell, not as good as hers but it has been heightened. I can smell your a ghoul"
"Well....I genuinely didn't know your name was Taiga." He tucked my hair behind my ears and smiled. "I do have to say. You're much sexier now as to how you were before the torture."
I didn't smile, instead I jumped up wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. "I'm also very attracted to you." I then began kissing him. I moved away and waved before walking away...obviously kissing the boy that had been fantasising about me since the day we met, left him in a small state of shock.
As I was walking home I bumped into Raiden who was stood outside of a bookstore.
"Hey." I said looking at him.
"How are you?" He asked. "The other two are out looking for you. I took a wild guess and imagined you'd prefer to be left alone"
"Yeah. I'm fine. Just less ermm..."
"Bouncy...happy"
"Yeah." I crossed my arms and looked out our reflection in the window. "I look different too." I said looking at my fingers.
"Hey, you're still beautiful" he said smiling.
"Thanks. But compliments don't flatter me any more" I put my hand on the glass slowly. "I don't want to be like this. It's horrible. I look and act like a robot."
He put his hand on mine and both of us looked at the reflection. "You'll be back to normal in no time Taiga."
I looked at him and nodded. "I hope so." I yawned and cracked my knuckles.
"Do you want me to take you home" he asked bending over. I nodded and climbed onto his back, resting my head on his shoulder slowly falling asleep.